have glasses
56%
have contact lenses
6%
have both glasses and contact lenses
12%

Total votes: 34
rts

Do you wear glasses? What are yours like? I've always wanted to get my hands on a Jack Osbourne/Austin Powers pair but I make do with the two picture below. The top I wear to school or just round the house at weekends/evenigns as they're more comfortable but if I choose to go out and wear specs I usually wear the bottom, slightly more 'stylish' pair. To be honest I don't wear my specs often. I am now, but I could usually survive without them.

And how can I forget my reading glasses! I'm rather chuffed with these sleek pair of specs as they fit snuggly into a small cromy tubish thing.

What are your glasses like, or have you like many others converted to the world of contact lenses.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Just cant do the glasses thing. Wear daily disposable contacts. Take 10 secs to pop them in and they are thin and comfortable and always clean. They do tend to start to feel a bit dry after a long day though.

Have you noticed that on posters in opticians you look at the pictures of the models and think, "you would be nice if you weren't wearing those glasses".

You look better without Row.
DAS

I've never needed to wear glasses or corrective things fortunately. Thing with me is I would probably break them within 6 minutes anyway. And whenever I wear sunglasses, they just irritate me - they itch and jab and I just can't get used to them. I know that I would get used to them after a time but hey.

Incidentally, over Christmas, my mother somehow lost her glasses by flushing them down the toilet. I've you're gonna lose your glasses, do it in style I think.
rts

Gavin Scott wrote:You look better without Row.
Cheers. I think so too tbh.
DAS wrote:If you're gonna lose your glasses, do it in style I think.
And I got pissed off when I left my perscription sunglasses at the pool last summer, lol.
markyboi

I wear contacts usually, but i have glases for when im lazy and cant be arsed putting them in.
Cheese Head
Banned

I have glasses. They're kinda like Row's top pair, but in black.

Do you mean by the Jack Osbourne glasses, the glasses with plastic black frames, kinda like the vocals from Weezer wears? I've wanted to try a pair of those, but it'd probably make me look like a geek that spends most of his time in internet message boards.
» James »
I don't know my future after this weekend, and I don't want to
rts

Cheese Head wrote:kinda like the vocals from Weezer wears?
Bang on.
Cheese Head
Banned

rts wrote:
Cheese Head wrote:kinda like the vocals from Weezer wears?
Bang on.
Whats his name?

The problem is they're isn't alot of people that can pull of those glasses, but trying them on wouldn't go a miss.

Row, did you get the bottom pair of glasses from savers? My mum has a similar sorta pair and box.
» James »
rts

He's called Rivers Cuomo. I got the bottom pair from D&A. They're made by Byblas. The top pair of specs, also from D&A, are made by Police.

The bottom bottom pair, my reading specs, were from another place. I forget where.
Cheese Head
Banned

Wow. My spectacles are just, well, spectacles from optical express, nothing special.

If you have no idea what glasses were on about, Heres rivers at his finest.
» James »
cwathen

I presently have glasses but am in the process of considering giving contacts a try; on the one hand it would be nice to be able to see clearly all around (i've forgotten what that's like, tbh), on the other hand contacts involve having something touching my eyes, which I don't welcome.

It does always strike me as odd that glasses are perceived to be unattractive yet at the same time kinky; no self respecting female bondage artist would consider her costume complete without a pair of black thick framed glasses to go with it.