Moyles leaves Breakfast

The forum discussing radio
DVB Cornwall

Chris Moyles is to leave the Radio 1 breakfast show at the end of September.

The 38-year-old has been presenting the show since 2004 and became the station's longest-serving breakfast show DJ in 2009.

Chris Moyles is contracted at Radio 1 until New Year 2014 after signing a new two and a half year contract to stay at the station last July.

see here ……..

BBC.CO.UK
11-Jul-2012 @ 08:19
Philip

Nick Grimshaw to take over, just announced in the 10.30 Newsbeat bulletin.

Will Grimmy do well do we think?
WillPS

Gah, well past time. Don't suppose Grimshaw will last very long either though.
Inspector Sands

No, I'm not sure what Grimshaw's like but coming from late night will probably mean a bit of a severe change of gear between the two shows - more music based than comedy. The last time a late night presenter moved to breakfast was Mark and Lard and that wasn't a success, though for reasons that won't be the case this time.

A shame Moyles is going but not unexpected. I wonder what slot he will get when he returns from the musical
wells

The trouble is Radio 1 are very likely to lose a lot of their older listeners now, even if they increase listenership in the target audience and the overall figure goes down, the press is going to make life very difficult for the programme.

They should have put Scott Mills, who is around about the same age as Moyles but plays younger, in the role for 12 months whilst the replacement is left grow inside Radio 1 or someone is scouted externally.
rob

I've listened to Moyles for nearly 13 years now, and he can't be faulted for all the work he's put into his shows. Good luck to Grimmy though, he's got some very big shoes to fill....
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
George Hill

Often when you have had someone in the same role for so long, it does take several attempts to find the right replacement who can make their own thing of it. I can't help feeling Grimshaw will be replaced quite soon and moved back to another slot.