Is facebook on the wane?

Ebeneezer Scrooge

It's the people that litter my Facebook with hashtags even though they don't use Twitter that annoy me.

I have a feeling they think they're being funny. In reality it just puts them one step closer to being hidden.
Snarky
Gavin Scott
Admin

I'm hiding more and more folk lately. Or where I pussy out of making the big decision I demote them to "only important" updates to appear.

Whatever that means.
bilky asko

Ebeneezer Scrooge wrote:It's the people that litter my Facebook with hashtags even though they don't use Twitter that annoy me.

I have a feeling they think they're being funny. In reality it just puts them one step closer to being hidden.
I suppose it's the evolution of the fake BBCode tags.
Dr Lobster*

oooo, lots of people having a "flutter" on the grand national today apparently.

i wonder if this happens to be the exact same people who rush to the pub to have a pint of guinness on st patrick's day?
Gavin Scott
Admin

Doctor, could I be on your facebook please?

I feel I might enhance the experience for you, and you I.
Philip

Guess I'm the only one who sees Twitter as useful, ha.

The only problem is the influx of younger members, i.e. those that are fans of bands like One Direction and The Wanted. Seems like the only trending topics nowadays are related to those types of bands.
Critique

Philip wrote:Guess I'm the only one who sees Twitter as useful, ha.

The only problem is the influx of younger members, i.e. those that are fans of bands like One Direction and The Wanted. Seems like the only trending topics nowadays are related to those types of bands.
There's also ALWAYS a trending topic about Justin Beiber, usually to the effect of 'don't be mean to him'.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Not using Twitter much, if ever, is it possible to follow a to-and-fro between people you follow like there is with Facebook? Does it always involve clicking on the "in reply to..." link?

I enjoy seeing what friends are discussing, and to some extent friends of friends. But twitter's hashtag protocol surely drowns you in waves of flotsam from the minds of idiots. How does one deal with this?
m-in-m

Gavin Scott wrote:

Not using Twitter much, if ever, is it possible to follow a to-and-fro between people you follow like there is with Facebook? Does it always involve clicking on the "in reply to..." link?

I enjoy seeing what friends are discussing, and to some extent friends of friends. But twitter's hashtag protocol surely drowns you in waves of flotsam from the minds of idiots. How does one deal with this?
If you follow both people in a conversation it will appear in your feed. Sometimes that is enough. Othertimes I click into one of the messages and the apps shows you messages before and after. Not always full proof though.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Do you mean fool proof, or am i being a full?
m-in-m

Gavin Scott wrote:Do you mean fool proof, or am i being a full?
Doh! Of course I do. Not sure if that was due to me not engaging my brain or typo.