Lovely Lightbulbs

Pete

Right bollocks to it. I've just spent £20.99 on 5 6w high power LED GU10s off of eBay.

Shall report back once they arrive.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
marksi

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20220039/

Saw these the other day in Ikea. No information on them about equivalent halogen wattage.
Pete

I saw some other variety of LED GU10 in Ikea on Monday and was unimpressed with the price.
Gavin Scott
Admin

marksi wrote:http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20220039/

Saw these the other day in Ikea. No information on them about equivalent halogen wattage.
It's description says polycarbonate plastic, yet it's clearly mostly metal - those fins act as a heat sink to maximise the lifespan. That's not a good start, is it?

I think we're at a point where the lighting output should be indicated in lumens at set distances, along with beam angles. They should provide conversant information for tungsten lamps.

At 5.99+ per lamp (which is pretty disgraceful, actually) its important that customers know exactly what they're buying.
Pete

One thing that attracted me to the ones on ebay is they gave both a lumens and colour temp rating. Lightbulbs in general are now being sold in Lumens however, it's intersting to note that the old 20W CFLs that used ot be advertised as 100w equivs are now closer to 89w at best.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Gavin Scott wrote:I think we're at a point where the lighting output should be indicated in lumens at set distances, along with beam angles. They should provide conversant information for tungsten lamps.
Sorry - "conversant"? What a cock. I mean equivalent, of course. Bleh@brain.
Pete wrote:One thing that attracted me to the ones on ebay is they gave both a lumens and colour temp rating. Lightbulbs in general are now being sold in Lumens however, it's intersting to note that the old 20W CFLs that used to be advertised as 100w equivs are now closer to 89w at best.
I haven't seen many with lumen info, but then there's a lot of distributor branded (Asian generic) toot in the marketplace. Some of it reasonably satisfactory, much of it overpriced, but all of it measured against the drastically different light qualities of reflector and general service lamps in, ultimately misleading, "wattage = " terms - disappointing the understandably confused consumer.

That's the high street for you.

I miss being in the world of proper lovely lightbulbs, although that may not be the case forever, *cough*.
Pete

All the GE branded bulbs and B&Q own brand are now fully Lumen labelled. Tesco appear to be about 70% over on their own brand, others are lagging.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Last ones I bought were from Scotmid. "Bridge Electric" branded. They're a distributor/wholesaler in Falkirk.

Bloomin good too as a 5600k bright soft keylight. £3.99.

EDIT: That's more pish I'm talking. Its 6400k.
bilky asko

Pete wrote:All the GE branded bulbs and B&Q own brand are now fully Lumen labelled. Tesco appear to be about 70% over on their own brand, others are lagging.
I bought a 1700 lumens fluorescent bulb from Morrisons a couple of days ago, and I noticed an older version of the bulb claiming 150w equivalence, and the newer one claiming 117W. Still, it's like permanent daylight in here.
Nick Harvey
God

What is the low energy equivalent of an old fashioned 150w lighbulb?

I have two places where I want to use one and every time I order them from Wilts Wholesale Electric they give me a different wattage, ranging between 17w and 23w.

For that matter, does anyone have any recomendations for a 150w low energy replacement? Must be standard bayonet cap fitting to directly replace an old lightbulb.
bilky asko

Nick Harvey wrote:What is the low energy equivalent of an old fashioned 150w lighbulb?

I have two places where I want to use one and every time I order them from Wilts Wholesale Electric they give me a different wattage, ranging between 17w and 23w.

For that matter, does anyone have any recomendations for a 150w low energy replacement? Must be standard bayonet cap fitting to directly replace an old lightbulb.
Under this new standard, 35W CFL is equal to 150W filament. Here are links to a 35W=150W bulb and a 46W=200W bulb.