TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Alexia

SomeRandomStuff wrote:If there is one thing that winds me up more than AWEFUL mocks its Grammar Nazis.
Why? Because some of us have standards?
Sput

Really? Who?
Knight knight
Alexia

Sput wrote:Really? Who?
Oh I'm sure there's some around.
SomeRandomStuff

bilky asko wrote:
SomeRandomStuff wrote:
bilky asko wrote:Please read this Wiktionary entry.
If there is one thing that winds me up more than AWEFUL mocks its Grammar Nazis.
That's spelling, not grammar.
Please read this Wiktionary entry.

This is a place for informal interchange not an writing competition... if it was we'd all fail for not beginning and ending each post with 'Dear' and 'Yours appropriately'.

I would however like to thank you Mr. Asko. At least now if i want my spelling, grammar and/or general syntax correcting i know whom to ask. :lol:
WillPS

This running commentary on the Channel 4 CA Simpsons in-joke is annoying.
bilky asko

SomeRandomStuff wrote: Please read this Wiktionary entry.

This is a place for informal interchange not an writing competition... if it was we'd all fail for not beginning and ending each post with 'Dear' and 'Yours appropriately'.

I would however like to thank you Mr. Asko. At least now if i want my spelling, grammar and/or general syntax correcting i know whom to ask. :lol:
A change of register does not imply or require a degradation of spelling. Furthermore, the article you quoted references "spelling Nazi" as a related phrase. Additionally, "Yours appropriately" is inappropriate.

However, the reason I corrected you in the first place was due to my concern that you would be going through life, missing job opportunities and being mocked by friends, colleagues, compatriots, and acquaintances due to the misspelling.
SomeRandomStuff

bilky asko wrote:
SomeRandomStuff wrote: Please read this Wiktionary entry.

A change of register does not imply or require a degradation of spelling. Furthermore, the article you quoted references "spelling Nazi" as a related phrase. Additionally, "Yours appropriately" is inappropriate.

However, the reason I corrected you in the first place was due to my concern that you would be going through life, missing job opportunities and being mocked by friends, colleagues, compatriots, and acquaintances due to the misspelling.
Thank you for being so caring, i will PM you all of my future posts so you can proof read them for spelling before i inflict them upon the world.

...check that...

Who in the sphincter of hell do you think you are?

You have absolutely no business correcting anyones spelling unless you are a Teacher of some description or you are asked to proof read something, and My life is perfectly fine thanks. Nobody else I know is anal enough to correct spelling so neurotically, and if it was important, i would use a spellchecker.

Millions of people around the world are poor spellers, and it has absolutely nothing to do with their intelligence or their ability to get high flying jobs. Their friends and colleagues dont mock or cast them out for adding an 'e' in Awful, and they certainly dont suffer poorer quality of life because they dont nescescescessarily know words good. However, i'm a firm believer in free speech so if you want to be a Banal Obtuse "Spelling" Nazi you're more than welcome to, just respect my freedom to not be spellchecked.
Nick Harvey
God

SomeRandomStuff wrote:just respect my freedom to not be spellchecked.
And just respect the freedom for all the rest of us to think of you as a complete and utter fucking twat.
Alexia

Nick Harvey wrote:
And just respect the freedom for all the rest of us to think of you as a complete and utter fucking twat.
Phuquing.
Nick Harvey
God

Yeah, it was okay till I put it through the spell checker!
SomeRandomStuff

Nick Harvey wrote:
You can think what you like about me i have no problem with that, but if defending myself against a Spelling Nazi brands me as a "complete and utter fucking twat", then so be it, i will defend myself.