TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Pete

Rijowhite wrote:I've been thinking maybe Ofcom should allow Channel 5 to produce a totally 'National' (as opposed to International/National as per BBC, ITV and Channel 4) News programme. This would be cheaper for the Channel to produce and it would provide something unique to the channel.

Just a thought...
http://www.tvforum.co.uk/forums/post737594#post-737594

Saving this moment of stupidity for posterity
"He has to be larger than bacon"
wells

Pete wrote:
Rijowhite wrote:I've been thinking maybe Ofcom should allow Channel 5 to produce a totally 'National' (as opposed to International/National as per BBC, ITV and Channel 4) News programme. This would be cheaper for the Channel to produce and it would provide something unique to the channel.

Just a thought...
http://www.tvforum.co.uk/forums/post737594#post-737594

Saving this moment of stupidity for posterity
He's certainly a moron of the moment.

This gem from DS annoyed me.
The only reason Corrie and Emmerdale aren't moved to London is the uproar it would create...mind you there was talk of moving Regional News to Manchester.
Yes, it's not because the cost of moving such huge operations and buying the appropriate land wouldn't be enormous. Not to mention the difficulty in relocating for the key talent or the fact there would be no advantage whats so ever fiancailly or not.

I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons as well.
wells

What comment got David banned?

It's not the same without him.
dosxuk

Well, there's this post which has been edited to "User was warned for this post". And when I spotted that earlier today, David's signature was
David - Stop telling me what to do
WillPS

dosxuk wrote:Well, there's this post which has been edited to "User was warned for this post". And when I spotted that earlier today, David's signature was
His signature changed within a few minutes of my post on this thread:
WillPS wrote:The TV Burp thread has given me a good giggle this evening. I don't know what level to take David on any more but I find him funny in any case. Stick that in your signature Lees!
Critique

WillPS wrote:
dosxuk wrote:Well, there's this post which has been edited to "User was warned for this post". And when I spotted that earlier today, David's signature was
His signature changed within a few minutes of my post on this thread:
WillPS wrote:The TV Burp thread has given me a good giggle this evening. I don't know what level to take David on any more but I find him funny in any case. Stick that in your signature Lees!
Oh, David's gone for a week. That's a shame. It was fun to see people spend hours interpreting him, when really it would seem to be a protest.

Nice of whoever it was to do the 'Banned for a week' text in the same way his signature is.
Bail

I think David did that himself, it's only a main forum ban, newsroom etc are still accessible.
marksi

To be fair, having read that on TVF, I contacted two people who I believed would know whether this was true and both gave me the distinct impression that it was!
rob

Request: Can someone stick every single bit of Daybreak music in a password protected ZIP file, send it to DanielK and conveniently forget to give him the password?

Thanks.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Beep

rob wrote:Request: Can someone stick every single bit of Daybreak music in a password protected ZIP file, send it to DanielK and conveniently forget to give him the password?

Thanks.
Oh, like I've just done you mean?! :P