Christmas

Pete

So with the return of the magnificent Metropol Reindeer, it's time to crack out the Christmas tree photos.

Here, is my starter for ten, there is more to my decorations however a set of lights that is integral to those in another room have broken and need to be taken back to el retailer. (which is blimming annoying as putting them up was a massive effort involving cable ties and a staple gun).

And so, without further ado, observe Pete's Tree MMXI

"He has to be larger than bacon"
Pete

tsk at the lack of replies. this is unacceptable.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
SirKen

Very good indeed.
Nick Harvey
God

Apologies for the lack of response.

Due to time restraints in other areas, the Harvey Towers Christmas tree is still in the net bag in which it was delivered about a fortnight ago.

As we're in Dorset for Christmas, then Cornwall between Christmas and New Year, it may not have an erection before New Year's Eve when we're home and have guests.

Meanwhile, here's an engineering test transmission in preparation for the new community radio station for Devizes:

Alexia

My tree is a £7.99 plastic jobbie from Tesco bought three years ago, but with a pile of B&Q baubles, tinsel and other crap, it doesn't look nay bad. I also have lights around the hearth this year, as well as a £2 Christmas Train which runs around a holly tree on my coffee table; inspired by Pete's racing grannies.
rob

As I live on my own and will be away from home for most of Christmas, I've not put a tree up this year.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
martindtanderson

Nick Harvey
God

Can't help thinking, from the responses so far, that we have a surprising lack of fairies.
Ronnie Rowlands

Nick Harvey wrote:Can't help thinking, from the responses so far, that we have a surprising lack of fairies.
Agreed - where is Gavin?
Ronnie is victorious, vivacious in victory like a venomous dog. Vile Republicans cease living while the religious retort with rueful rhetoric. These rank thugs resort to violence and swear revenge.

But Ronnie can punch through steel so they lose anyway.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Coooeeee!

Haven't decorated at home this year. Not sure that I will, actually. Its my job to do the tree in the front office at work, and that's sort of scratched the itch of wanting to put decs up.

Its not that I don't have guests round - but at this time of year it tends to be post-pub and post-clubbing visitors (who follow my "if the lights are on, you're welcome to call" philosophy), so shoogly trees and glass baubles are probably not a good thing to sit on the floor. Sometimes even my sturdy drinking tumblers don't survive the, er, tumbles.

But Peter, your tree is simply gorgeous. Its so gorgeous, in fact, it looks rather like those ones you see in fine department stores that cost many hundreds of pounds.

I simply had nothing to compare it to, hence my lack of reply - but in the interests of thread motion, I'll take a snap of the office tree tomorrow.
Dr Lobster*

i'm ashamed to say, despite having two children, we've only just got around to putting our tree up this evening (it's a work in progress).

however, whilst the children were decorating nanny and granddad's tree, i snapped this:

i think we've got over 600 lights on our main tree now - as you can see, the wiring is incredibly discrete.