TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

wells

Critique wrote:Whilst I wouldn't say Tumble Wumble is an act, there are a few videos on his channel which give the opposite impression, to me, at least.

The Eurovision nonsense he posts all suggest he isn't an act, but then one at his Gong show, or whatever, when the presenter pokes fun at Tumble, and his post lengths...
It's from sort of roller coster club he belongs to it's clear everyone there thinks he's just an odd guy as well.

The one where he's speaking to a comedian from Britian's Got Talent is intresting as well.
james2001

Delurking after a long time to reply to this thread. I certainly don't think he's an act, he's been at it for far, far too long. He was a member of Digitalspy for 3 years before he joined TVF (He got banned from DS in 2007) under the name of "Star Attraction", and he was exactly the same then, he was insisting we all use his channel codes back in 2004, and I had an argument with him when he was getting really angry and wound up about how the SKY/BSB merger had made the MarcoPolo equipment useless (somehow he was really upset about something that had happened over 15 years earlier, and had never affected him in the first place). And, as has been said, there's videos of him from back in 2000, I really can't believe anyone would be able to put up that sort of act for so long, with so little pay off, it just doesn't seem realistic.
baa

If it was a load of old porkies then he's a touch too good, no lapses in character over that long a time? Seems like the sort of thing that'd make it less likely to be a pisstake the longer it went on.
Pete

Perhaps i'm wrong then, it's the blind spot to any criticism that gets me about him, however I didn't realise that there are old videos of him, I can't bring myself to view any of the things.

Whatever the facts of the matter, the only one that matters to be is that he is an insufferable arse and ruins so many threads. My eye nearly went into spasm earlier due to pulling a face of dismay and disgust at that dragons den post.

MY HEALTH IS AT RISK IF HE REMAINS. ARE YOU HEARING THIS ASA???!!!??ONE??!1
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Gavin Scott
Admin

Pete wrote:Perhaps i'm wrong then, it's the blind spot to any criticism that gets me about him, however I didn't realise that there are old videos of him, I can't bring myself to view any of the things.
Ditto, and neither can I!

Well as you've all researched the matter more than I could bear to, I will accept that this may be *mostly* a real disposition.

But really, isn't there a whiff of self-awareness to the way he debated fund raising - which given his fanatical following of CIN and RND in the past, made it difficult to swallow the notion that he found bean baths and river dipping as peculiar.

As Pete says, at the end of the day his posting seems incompatible with the natural flow of the threads, to a point where I'd sooner not be involved either.

No, I don't expect a democracy, but still, if lots of people take the same view as me about joining in when he's around, then couldn't that be considered disruptive behaviour?

The letter of the board rules may not be being broken, but surely the spirit of them is?
james2001

Surely the channel codes alone are proof that he's genine? It's not like it's just for the BBC and ITV channels, he has a very elaborate system for every single channel out there, which must have taken a hell of a lot of time and effort to come up with. I can't see a WUM putting that much in just to wind up a few people on a forum. And he's been pushing them for the best part of a decade at least, I think anyone on the wind up would have been bored long before now. Let's be honest, how many internet trolls get their kicks trying to force people to use a bizarre channel coding system, give running commentarries on telethons and Eurovision and sing the praises of CBeebies and Mr Tumble (where I'm presuming his name comes from) and do it consistently for years on end?
Beep

http://www.youtube.com/TumbleTower

I feel for him, I genuinely do. I'm a weirdo, not afraid to admit it. But this is next level weirdoism.
Chris

I did for a while think that TT was just someone on a wind-up, but from what I have read this evening, it's seeming less unlikely.

As I had nothing better to do with my life this evening I decided to take a look at some of his postings on the rollercoaster forum and I was just screaming 'aaaarrgh' in my head by the time I got to the middle of one of his essay length posts.

Jesus, this guy can write for England, and yet just bore and frustrate people to the point of despair at the same time. :P
WillPS

Oh good God he's in the RCCGB? Jeeeesus. They're a weird lot. I like theme parks, go to theme parks... once or twice on a geeky day (for example, the last day Corkscrew was open) but good God that lot scare me.
Gavin Scott
Admin

james2001 wrote:Surely the channel codes alone are proof that he's genine? It's not like it's just for the BBC and ITV channels, he has a very elaborate system for every single channel out there, which must have taken a hell of a lot of time and effort to come up with. I can't see a WUM putting that much in just to wind up a few people on a forum. And he's been pushing them for the best part of a decade at least, I think anyone on the wind up would have been bored long before now. Let's be honest, how many internet trolls get their kicks trying to force people to use a bizarre channel coding system, give running commentarries on telethons and Eurovision and sing the praises of CBeebies and Mr Tumble (where I'm presuming his name comes from) and do it consistently for years on end?
At the risk of labouring the point I was making; I'm not looking at the cumulative points that go towards demonstrating TT is "real", my focus is on those statements he makes which do not fit the "character".

There have been plenty of these, but using the given examples, for him to say he is unaware of those fund raising techniques doesn't make sense. And if something doesn't have a ring of truth to it, its probably not true.

And I have to question - if he says those things with the same conviction and demeanour that he says all the other stuff, how am I to believe the veracity of any of it?

I can believe that some people are constructed to comport themselves as Tumble does - but when there is behaviour not dispositive of that, common sense says you should question it. In my view the length of time the character has been around is irrelevant - its a bit of a house of cards for me, where the gaps become very important indeed.

Anyway its all good - Chie has been along thanking TT for his efforts and said he cannot wait for more of the same in 2012 - no hint of sarcasm, he even ends on a smiley.

So is Chie mischief making? Is he putting two fingers up at those who have been cross with the situation?

I guess we'll never know as he's been banned from this board for some time, along with Tumble.
Beep

THEBILL1996 is annoying me, somebody shoot him. He's not from Scotland at all, he lives in the Thames Valley Police area...