McDonalds 1955 Burger;

barcode

Gavin Scott wrote:I'd like to read a copy of that letter.
give me a couple of days I scan it up! and you can read it if you wish!
Alexia

I went to my local Beefeater a few Fridays back as I fancied a steak and it was payday, so me and 'er indoors wandered down to ...er... my local Beefeater (great sentence structure Mister Notoriously Finicky!). Unfortunately the young lad at the bar couldn't get his head round the concept of "one of each" and brought just one set of potato skins for a two-cover table. I was offered a free round of drinks in compensation, which I accepted, and nibbled on the table bread as my starter instead. Then the main course came. A dry, tough steak with lukewarm chips and ...er.... where's my peppercorn sauce. Yep, they'd forgotten it. Eventually it came out after a few cold stares at the waiter and my other half tugging at his sleeve as he went past at 90mph. I left my meal half eaten, my complimentary Brains Smooth Xtra Cold half drunk (which, if you know me, you know I take my Brains Smooth Xtra Cold seriously) and in disgust walked out. When we got home we wrote a strongly worded email to Beefeater/Whitbread and last week £30 of Beefeater vouchers dropped through the door.

Needless to say we'll try another restaurant. But I was impressed that they thought to send vouchers.
Beep

barcode wrote:I decided to make a formal complaint about the burger, to make sure that McDonalds got some views.

Couple of days later I got a letter in the post, from the company thanking me for my views and said sorry that I dislike the burger, and my Specific comments have been taken Very seriously and will form part of their forthcoming updates.

To make up for all the trouble I got a nice Gift voucher, (Sadly I have to wait until that Burger has gone so I can get something nicer.
You tried it once, didn't like it so therefore complained. Great method, never mind those that may actually enjoy the product.
Sput

Alexia wrote: Needless to say we'll try another restaurant. But I was impressed that they thought to send vouchers.
I now feel VINDICATED for never going into my local Beefeater (despite it being in a lovely old building).
Knight knight
Alexia

Sput wrote:
Alexia wrote: Needless to say we'll try another restaurant. But I was impressed that they thought to send vouchers.
I now feel VINDICATED for never going into my local Beefeater (despite it being in a lovely old building).
Thing is, pub grub is all much of a muchness nowadays. Sizzler, Table2Table, Brewsters, Two-For-One.... Only Harvester seems to have anything going for it nowadays... that being a free salad bar. And I do enjoy the classiness, if not the relative expense, of Vintage Inns. Plus they serve proper real ales at Vintage Inns.

The Beefeater was not how I remembered it from back in the day... it seemed to have plummeted downmarket to be just floating above the Sizzler.

Anyone been to a Taybarns? Now THAT'S an experience :)

Incidentally I just saw the advert for the 1955 Burger on ESPN... sounds like something I'd like (sans the rabbit food).
Ebeneezer Scrooge

...Unless you are ever up in this area and come across a Ribble Valley Inns. They're mostly in Lancashire although there is one near Skipton and they are pretty amazing!

They were opened by Michelin starred chef Nigel Haworth and they've done a good job of carrying through the successful restaurant ethos into the pubs with regards to the food and although I don't partake, I believe there is a decent selection on the alcohol side too!
Snarky
barcode

barcode wrote:

I tried to upload to the metro system but it just does not like it,

so here it is from else where:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/339/21482286.jpg

http://imageshack.us/f/339/21482286.jpg/
Malpass93

barcode wrote:
barcode wrote:

I tried to upload to the metro system but it just does not like it,

so here it is from else where:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/339/21482286.jpg

http://imageshack.us/f/339/21482286.jpg/
Can we see what you sent them?
The New Malpass.
barcode

No, because I phoned them!
Gavin Scott
Admin

Yes the complaint was what interested me.

Their reply, although sincere sounding, is fairly run of the mill. I can't imagine them actioning feedback unless they get voluminous complaints. But as a "customer experience" its right on the money - and we all enjoy a good customer experience. Its often far more influencing and informing for the customer than either the product or the problem.

And on a pedantic note - where the author uses the phrase, "to make amends for your spoilt visit", is it just me, or shouldn't the past participle be "spoiled"?

I'm assuming, Mr Barcode, your letter didn't have any glaring howlers like that. :shock:

EDIT: And as I clicked submit you have replied. So a phone call then. For the best, probably. Even with a Fife accent.
Nick Harvey
God

barcode wrote:No, because I phoned them!
That will only count as an informal complaint then.

You need to put it in writing for it to become a formal complaint.