Adverts that irritate and entertain

Gavin Scott
Admin

nidave wrote:
Gavin Scott wrote:Chie, you're watching the second advert.
That is dire.. why are they doing hipety hopety music.. I don't get it. (and I am a bloke)
I am able to express my feelings - its a steaming pile of sh*t. Its so bad, my I wanted to rip my eyeballs from their sockets and throw them under a bus.
If you could *really* express your feelings, you'd feel empathy with him.

Therefore I believe you are an android. Or perhaps a toaster.
woah

nidave wrote:
That is dire.. why are they doing hipety hopety music.. I don't get it. (and I am a bloke)
I am able to express my feelings - its a steaming pile of sh*t. Its so bad, my I wanted to rip my eyeballs from their sockets and throw them under a bus.
Finally some sense! That fecking advert will be the death of me. It's about as funny as cancer.
Chie

Gavin Scott wrote:If you could *really* express your feelings, you'd feel empathy with him.
What's to empathise with?

The fact that he is shit scared to express himself incase other men take this piss out of him for not being a real man?

I feel more sorry for the wife.
nidave

Gavin Scott wrote:
nidave wrote:
If you could *really* express your feelings, you'd feel empathy with him.

Therefore I believe you are an android. Or perhaps a toaster.
I don't have to empathise with him, my feelings of disgust and loathing are just as valid.. and for the record. I am a brevill sandwich maker.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Chie wrote:
Gavin Scott wrote:If you could *really* express your feelings, you'd feel empathy with him.
What's to empathise with?

The fact that he is shit scared to express himself incase other men take this piss out of him for not being a real man?

I feel more sorry for the wife.
You only have empathy with what you feel.

Technically that isn't empathy.
Chie

What are you talking about?

Gavin, that man is not a child, or a cuddly toy, or a cute furry animal; he's a grown man.

He is perfectly capable of opening his mouth and telling his wife how he feels.

He is emotionally paralyzed by an irrational fear that self-expression would somehow make him less of a man.

That's all.

He can express himself.

He just chooses not to try.

Okay?
Gavin Scott
Admin

Chie wrote:What are you talking about?

Gavin, that man is not a child, or a cuddly toy, or a cute furry animal; he's a grown man.

He is perfectly capable of opening his mouth and telling his wife how he feels.

He is emotionally paralyzed by an irrational fear that self-expression would somehow make him less of a man.

That's all.

He can express himself.

He just chooses not to try.

Okay?
Oh relax you silly (Walls) sausage. I'm just being playful.

Lots of blokes are incapable of expressing themselves emotionally. That's what the advert is addressing. Really, I'm usually the one saying what you're saying, but I accept that the most emotional release some of my pals attain is a footy match on a Saturday. It's for me to understand, not condemn. Besides, I find I usually get some tail as a result. Some blokes like it when I call them "complex", even when I actually don't think that's true.

Ah yes. Me and Deanna Troi. We understand so we get laid.

It's all rather marvellous.

Now quit whining and re-watch the ad. Ook at the wee dog's mouth when he says, "mummy bear".

Makes me want to eat him up, it does.
Gavin Scott
Admin

nidave wrote:I don't have to empathise with him, my feelings of disgust and loathing are just as valid.. and for the record. I am a brevill sandwich maker.
Well I hope you're more robust than the one I bought. Three slices of wafer thin turkey and the latch snapped off.

Are some of your parts held closed with a jumbo bulldog clip too?
nidave

Gavin Scott wrote: Are some of your parts held closed with a jumbo bulldog clip too?
That depends on how good a night I have had :D
Chie

Gavin Scott wrote:Oh relax you silly (Walls) sausage. I'm just being playful.

Lots of blokes are incapable of expressing themselves emotionally. That's what the advert is addressing. Really, I'm usually the one saying what you're saying, but I accept that the most emotional release some of my pals attain is a footy match on a Saturday. It's for me to understand, not condemn. Besides, I find I usually get some tail as a result. Some blokes like it when I call them "complex", even when I actually don't think that's true.

Ah yes. Me and Deanna Troi. We understand so we get laid.

It's all rather marvellous.

Now quit whining and re-watch the ad. Ook at the wee dog's mouth when he says, "mummy bear".

Makes me want to eat him up, it does.
Well ok, I haven't got anything against men like that, I suppose. I just don't get the whole empathy thing.

Fair enough, if the guy was a mute, then I would empathise, but realistically he is capable of saying absolutely anything as long as he doesn't feel restricted by what other people might think, and why you would allow society to put a mental straitjacket on you in the first place, I don't know. It's a bizzare, alien concept to me.

Although, if a man needed help and felt unable to speak up about it, then of course I would put my cynicism to one side and have all the time in the world for him. See, I can empathise!

Btw, I smiled when the doggy said mummy bear too. ;)
Gavin Scott
Admin

Chie wrote:See, I can empathise!
I knew it was in there somewhere.
Btw, I smiled when the doggy said mummy bear too. ;)
Yay!

Edit: Sharp eyes will have spotted the quick deletion. And if you did its still true.