Adverts that irritate and entertain

Alexia

I'm partial to the odd Ginsters sausage roll, and the now apparently discontinued Roaster, myself.

Meanwhile, I'm particularly affronted by the suggestion that reading the Daily Mail constitutes an "upgrade".
all new Phil

I suppose you could call it an upgrade if you were previously reading a steaming pile of turds.

Only just, mind.
Alexia

all new Phil wrote:I suppose you could call it an upgrade if you were previously reading a steaming pile of turds.

Only just, mind.
I believe that's what those in the industry call anything that comes out of the Northern & Shell building.
marksi

The jingle on the moneysupermarket jingles on TV and radio makes me want to rip off my ears.
Critique

New confused.com advert out then. Basically, it actually advertises the services of the website, yabbering on about comparing prices from over 50 insurers and all, before she pulls a laptop out from her nether-regions.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Jensen (cute as a) Button doing Head & Shoulders.

They've given him a very odd eye-line to deliver his lines to. Too close to the lens - and in some shots it looks like one eye is looking at you, the other looking for you.

Couldn't find it in English - so here it is en français.

But look here - they also have Sebastian Vettel (whatever that is) doing the same odd eyelines.

Do they have a gonk sellotaped to the hood of the camera or something?
Andrew Wood

Oreo Double Stuff.

I just hate that ad.
Critique

Never mentioned it, but the advert for some new fragrance from Chanel or something, where a man is being interviewed, before saying he's not going to be who everyone expects him to be anymore, before walking out, is awful. They mainly show it in cinemas, but a TV edit appeared recently too,
Chris

The current TV ad for Mazuma mobile. Awful.
Malpass93

The npower's Football Tariff promotional video annoys the football geek within for two reasons.

One: it says it'll give £45 towards a new shirt for an npower Football League team, but uses Cardiff City, a side that could end up in the Premier League (and by extension, not a Football League team and not eligible for the offer) next season.

Two: shows the Huddersfield kit from last year, complete with Mitre logo. Huddersfield will have an Umbro kit next year. Bet they were chuffed with that one.
The New Malpass.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Andrew Wood wrote:Oreo Double Stuff.

I just hate that ad.
Too American. And I say that as someone who thoroughly enjoys the country and a lot of its telly.

But this doesn't speak to me at all. Or it does, but in all the wrong ways.

The last couple of M&S ads have been nice. Music from ELO (Mr Blue Sky) and one of the mixes of Meglio Sestera (It had better be tonight) from the lucious Mr Buble.

Lovely. and now on my spotify playlists.