Another High Street Rebrand

Cache

Gavin Scott wrote:

Hmm.
Is that the Facebook font?
j0nn13

Hello all,

My first post on here in a while - This was announced last year but I've only just learned about it not sure if anyone else is the same:- Warburtons have unveiled a new logo and new look packaging.

Critique

What were they thinking? Whilst the logo isn't that horrendous, the choice of Orange is a bad one. There isn't really anything wrong with the current logo and packaging. However, they may execute it well enough to look quite nice, just like Channel 5. However, I just hope the content won't turn into a load of rubbish, also like Channel 5.
WillPS

"turn into"? Are we talking about the same Channel 5?

I quite like it. They're clearly looking at decreasing packaging costs by reducing their colour pallette (ala Coca-Cola etc.).
Chris

j0nn13 wrote:Hello all,

My first post on here in a while - This was announced last year but I've only just learned about it not sure if anyone else is the same:- Warburtons have unveiled a new logo and new look packaging.

Christ, who just found the wordart function??? :lol:
Gavin Scott
Admin

Not a rebrand as such, but the Americans have a bizarre name for Bold exotic laundry detergent (you know, the "jasmine & rose petal" range). Something like Flouviance - can't recall for the life of me but will check when I'm walking round the shops tomorrow.
Alexia

It's interesting to see just how many brands have different names in different countries:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procter_%26_Gamble#Brands

Spot the British brands with foreign names

ImageImageImage

The reason Marmite is called Our Mate in Australia is because there is a New Zealand product also called Marmite, but unrelated to our version.
Gavin Scott
Admin

I caught the end of an episode of the BBC's The Good Life on PBS last night and was surprised to see a caption reading "Good Neighbors Starred..." as the end credits rolled. It appeared to be a wobbly luma key shot, looking to be the same vintage as the rest of the sequence. I guess it must have been an early export - didn't realise it had a different name stateside.

Will see if it has a 70's opening title sequence when it's next on.
Alexia

Gavin Scott wrote:I caught the end of an episode of the BBC's The Good Life on PBS last night and was surprised to see a caption reading "Good Neighbors Starred..." as the end credits rolled. It appeared to be a wobbly luma key shot, looking to be the same vintage as the rest of the sequence. I guess it must have been an early export - didn't realise it had a different name stateside.

Will see if it has a 70's opening title sequence when it's next on.
The reason....
Invent Meridian

Here is the packaging using the new Warburtons logo. It is quite nice but not very distinctive like its previous design, it took me a long time to find it.

WillPS

Alexia wrote:It's interesting to see just how many brands have different names in different countries:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procter_%26_Gamble#Brands

Spot the British brands with foreign names

ImageImageImage
I the case of Lays it's totally the other way around; PepsiCo have moved Walkers closer and closer to Lays with every packaging refresh.