TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

Alexia

Oh God... Ginosheep is here. It's like coming home to find out someone's broken into your house and done a dump on the carpet.
dosxuk

And then written "ginofish waz hair" with it on the wall.

Well, as you're here gyrophish, has your spell checker subscription run out again?
Critique

And then written "ginofish waz hair" with it on the wall.

Well, as you're here gyrophish, has your spell checker subscription run out again?
I did note he was posting with capital letters and full stops for a change, and that's a shame to see it go, but not if he were to go.

He seems to be trying to act like some sort of genius now he has a spellchecker, as I noticed a few snobby responses from him.
ginofish

Dear members of T V Forum
Firstly many thanks for taking the time to read my post as I appreciate you must read many. The subject which I wish to draw your intention to is that on the forums there seems to be growing anger my posts due to the fact some have frequent spelling and grammar mistakes. at times on this forum I have either ignored , apologized or made lights after other members posts on the subject .

I am going to be honest and say that I agree that my posts on this forum are below the standard which is expected and I would like to take this opportunity to apologize fully on my part for any upset and anger I have caused on this forum and to members such as House , Pete, Gavin and Critique in particular as I know you have been on this forum along time.

Now on this occasion I am not going to ask for you to be patient and offer so called hollow apology but spelling as you can see is not my strongest subject so with the help of Microsoft word and spell checker every word of every post I will check and hopefully this will go some way to repaying the upset I have caused and I do welcome your posts and please feel free to email me at any time.
Many thanks for reading.
Nick Harvey
God

ginofish wrote:apologize
Bloody Americans.
Jenny

Nick Harvey wrote:
ginofish wrote:apologize
Bloody Americans.
It's always been the preferred spelling in the OED. It's only very recently that the -ise variant has been included in the Concise Oxford, and the online edition of the full OED (which is based on the 1989 second edition, though it gets regular updates) only lists apologize. Bloody Brits.
Alexia

I always use Z where I can, just because I like Z as a letter.
Sput

You Scrabble fans are ALL the same!
Knight knight
Pete

I note in all the history / politics guff at Uni have always referred to "decolonization" rather than the ise variant.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Sput

Sounds painful.
Knight knight
DVB Cornwall

Bites tongue and moves on for tonight, for the sake of my sanity and control.