Another High Street Rebrand

Gareth

bilky asko wrote:
madmusician wrote:Image

That is Suffolk County Council's logo - nothing special, but not too bad either.
Why have they one the "3D" so badly? It looks like they started off with a cube, but decided to change it into a shield.
The 3D isn't the worst part of the logo... it's the bad implementation of it - there are about 100 different versions from the older one that had Suffolk County Council in one line to 'home made' ones where the 'cube' is centred above the text.

To add another Suffolk logo, here's my district council - "where quality of life... counts". It fits the district well, being waves for the coast!
Jovis

martindtanderson wrote:Its nice seeing all these quaint and cheesy logos for UK councils/cities, but who and how will the best ones be decided, perhaps we need a poll, a metropoll.
Yep, that one's been done. For about two months.
Beep

Alexia wrote:
Yes your beloved Brum and it's councillors are the source of endless DailyMail xenophobic seasonal outrages. You must be so proud.
Your sad and dissipated 'nation' has sod all to be proud off though, does it? So I'm really not fussed by insults from someone who could do no better. Wales is just an extension to England, it is seen by many as just a region within England. They insist on protecting their dying language[Although that was a Westminster law (Welsh Language Act.)] and they [the people of aforementioned shitty 'country'] are universally known as "sheep shaggers". I'd rather be called a brummie than a sheep shagging barstool, thank you.
Now go away, Taff.
steddenm

Wel, does dim byd o'i le gyda Cymraeg yn cael o gwbl. Yr Iaith Cymraeg Ddeddf 2008 (Fel Diwygiedig), yno i helpu'r iaith. Ychydig flynyddoedd yn ôl yr iaith yn iaith farw, ond heddiw 'i' yn gwella. Plant yn yr ysgol yn ei dysgu, y BBC yn gwneud eu gorau gweithredu yr iaith ac yn ei gwneud yn hygyrch i bawb eu Vocab adran.

Nid yw Cymru yn edrych ar fod yn i Loegr o gwbl. Cymru wedi ei hun Cynulliad Cymru (y Senedd), ac er bod y rhan fwyaf deddfau yn cael eu rheoli gan San Steffan, y Cymru yn cael y gair olaf.

Gall Cymru fod yn crap chwaraeon atmost ond maent yn teledu wych. Edrychwch ar Caerdydd ar S4C ac Pobol Y Cwm - y ddau BAFTA enillwyr Cymru ar gyfer y pum neu chwe blynedd diwethaf.

Felly, Beep, cyn i chi fynd lladd ar y Cymru - yn mynd yn ymweld â'r wlad brydferth. Caerdydd, Abertawe, Dinbych y Pysgod, y Mynyddoedd Cymru, Mynydd Du, Rhondda Cynon Taf, a chanolbarth Cymru yn hardd. Yr wyf yn cymryd nad ydych erioed wedi bod allan o Birmingham, neu lle bynnag y mae'n ydych chi'n dod o.

O, a Caerdydd...

English

A Cymraeg
Martin

We started off with this...

Then moved onto this...

Now we have these aswell...

We now have more 'arms-length organisations' than council departments.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Beep wrote:
Alexia wrote:
Yes your beloved Brum and it's councillors are the source of endless DailyMail xenophobic seasonal outrages. You must be so proud.
Your sad and dissipated 'nation' has sod all to be proud off though, does it? So I'm really not fussed by insults from someone who could do no better. Wales is just an extension to England, it is seen by many as just a region within England. They insist on protecting their dying language[Although that was a Westminster law (Welsh Language Act.)] and they [the people of aforementioned shitty 'country'] are universally known as "sheep shaggers". I'd rather be called a brummie than a sheep shagging barstool, thank you.
Now go away, Taff.
Errr, no. A disproportionate response, highly insulting with racist overtones.

You will have seven days to reflect upon the line you have crossed.
Alexia

Beep wrote:
Alexia wrote:
Now go away, Taff.
That is becoming my signature. Sorry Mr W, I had *some* respect for you as a fellow media/pres enthusiast, but sadly that's all gone down the pooshoot now.
Critique

madmusician wrote:Image

That is Suffolk County Council's logo - nothing special, but not too bad either.

That's Ipswich Borough Council's - although, they only have it in the footer of their website, preferring a plain text logo for the header.
I have always tenuously hated both of those logo's, especially Ipswich Borough Council's logo.
Alexia

James wrote:I have always tenuously hated both of those logo's...
Leaving aside your apostrophe howler, just how can you tenuously hate something? You hate it but only flimsily?

ten·u·ous adj.
1. Long and thin; slender: tenuous strands.
2. Having a thin consistency; dilute.
3. Having little substance; flimsy: a tenuous argument.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/tenuous
Dr Lobster*

the local pc world and currys have amalgamated into a single store (all very sensible there was a lot of crossover).

however, i now think that the term 'pc world' is probably both a misnomer and oxymoron.

they sell loads and loads of flat screen tvs. hundrends maybe. but laptops? 20 shit things, all the same. good old fashioned pcs? maybe 6 or 8. feck all.

and the apple ipad? there was a queue of children wanting to play with it. says it all really.
LaSeandre

marksi wrote:North Down Borough Council's crest:

...now reinterpreted by Snow Patrol following their (fab) gig in Bangor last weekend:

They did the same with Glasgow's coat of arms for Saturday's gig:

turned into: