Yet another rebrand thread.

Pete

I saw a rep from ICI in B&Q the other night putting new stickers over all the cans of Dulux that did not already have the new branding.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
WillPS

GMTV2009 wrote:Note: Pepsi use the old logo on the caps of their bottles.
Possibly while they run down supplies of the old lids? Also, the 500ml sized bottles haven't been changed at all yet - possibly because they have the old logo embossed on them...

I got a bit excited the other day when I saw a 4x2ltr multipack of Diet Pepsi with new branding on the outer wrapper and old labels inside.
Hymagumba wrote:I saw a rep from ICI in B&Q the other night putting new stickers over all the cans of Dulux that did not already have the new branding.
Reminds me of the stickers ITV Digital sent out so that their customers could "upgrade" their on digital boxes.
scottishtv

Britain's self-proclaimed brightest energy company has had a bit of a refresh too.

From this:

To this:

The company says it's to mark ten years of it's existance as npower, and also for the start of their sponsorship of the Football League in England and Wales.
Pete

Ant wrote:Not really a rebranding but apparently Lothian Buses are reverting back to their dated maroon (or 'madder') and white colours for the buses and trams, 10 years after replacing it.
Not quite, it's a new interpretation on it.

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22AEYFXXMYV

I saw two of the new buses with the top version branding on Monday on a jaunt through Edin and it was actually very nice and classy looking on the buses. Glad to see they're retaining the route branding. It looks particularly good on the Wright Eclipse ones seen there.

Meanwhile the gormless National Express Dundee are to get 15 new buses according to a letter to the paper from their MD. They seemed to run out of money half way through the rebrand so we now have a mix of the new NX branding, the old TD branding, and TD buses with the route branding removed, often resulting in them looking rather plain with an oddly small logo.

Luckily the one that blew up recently was one of the horrid "Ferry Link" branded ones with the hideous blue and silver waves branding. Hopefully the other one will crash soon so I won't have to see their ugliness any longer.

Strathtay meanwhile have managed to rebrand nearly all their buses to Stagecoach Strahtay, with the exception of a single one with the lovely "strathtay part of the Stagecoach Group" logo, and a one where the sizes of both bits of text are wrong.

They've also replaced the sign on one side of the depot. but not the other. And their brand new 08 buses were clearly done by a moron as the beachball logo has faded to a white circle on all of them.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
scottishtv

Hymagumba wrote:
Ant wrote:Not really a rebranding but apparently Lothian Buses are reverting back to their dated maroon (or 'madder') and white colours for the buses and trams, 10 years after replacing it.
Not quite, it's a new interpretation on it.

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22AEYFXXMYV

I saw two of the new buses with the top version branding on Monday on a jaunt through Edin and it was actually very nice and classy looking on the buses. Glad to see they're retaining the route branding. It looks particularly good on the Wright Eclipse ones seen there.
It does look good. I'm glad they are keeping the 'tops' coloured to their routes, yet some consistancy will emerge again with the maroon. I think the diamond livery just doesn't stand as the bus adverts are so prominent. A flatter colour scheme works better, I think.

Also, happy to see they will be ridding the fleet of the hideous playing card symbols. "Route 3 - Club class", "29 - The best deal!", "26 - Through the HEART of the city" (thankfully already gone). Makes me cringe. More details.

Good work, but will no doubt take a few years to complete.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Indeed I never did understand the deck of cards insignia - although I always read those little slogans, so it was mildly effective.

Not that I could associate a route to a playing card, though.

Not seen the new livery yet, but I'm on the 22 route now, and that's a whole lot of buses to repaint - given they run every 3 minutes.
scottishtv

Forgot to mention, they've also made AirLink even posher with free WiFi and electrical sockets, yet at the same time also cheapened it a bit with multicoloured lighting and a sky painted on the ceiling. Bit weird really. Passed one the other evening, and looked a bit like one of those party buses but full of businessmen instead of slags.

Edinburgh Airport Airlink
Gavin Scott
Admin

scottishtv wrote:Forgot to mention, they've also made AirLink even posher with free WiFi and electrical sockets, yet at the same time also cheapened it a bit with multicoloured lighting and a sky painted on the ceiling. Bit weird really. Passed one the other evening, and looked a bit like one of those party buses but full of businessmen instead of slags.

lol

I get vexed with the airlink buses, as they accept passengers with prams and bags of shopping on the Corstorphine road using their bus pass.

What the hell is the point of a "shuttle service" to the airport when it does that?

Taxi for Scott.
Ant

Gavin Scott wrote:
scottishtv wrote:Forgot to mention, they've also made AirLink even posher with free WiFi and electrical sockets, yet at the same time also cheapened it a bit with multicoloured lighting and a sky painted on the ceiling. Bit weird really. Passed one the other evening, and looked a bit like one of those party buses but full of businessmen instead of slags.

lol

I get vexed with the airlink buses, as they accept passengers with prams and bags of shopping on the Corstorphine road using their bus pass.

What the hell is the point of a "shuttle service" to the airport when it does that?

Taxi for Scott.
I only recently discovered I could use my Ridacard on the posh buses. Not 100% sure why that's the case - seems to be fairly hidden on their website.

Personally, I saw one of the new 'normo' buses and I really didn't like the look of it. It was the number 3 with the yellow top - not the nicest mix of colours. New logo is alright though (despite it doing a Zavvi and adding '.com' to the end of it)
scottishtv

Ant wrote:I only recently discovered I could use my Ridacard on the posh buses. Not 100% sure why that's the case - seems to be fairly hidden on their website.
I think it's meant to be a bit of a concession made for airport workers who travel back and forth every day. I doubt they can legally favour the workers only though so would have to make it available to everyone - and just not shout about it.
Gavin Scott
Admin

scottishtv wrote:
Ant wrote:I only recently discovered I could use my Ridacard on the posh buses. Not 100% sure why that's the case - seems to be fairly hidden on their website.
I think it's meant to be a bit of a concession made for airport workers who travel back and forth every day. I doubt they can legally favour the workers only though so would have to make it available to everyone - and just not shout about it.
Airport workers no problem.

However - prams, shopping, Corstorphine Road?

No siree Bob. The damn thing costs £3.50 single. That's supposed to buy to an express service.

Nae happy.