Radio Networks: How did we get here?

The forum discussing radio
BBI45

I have just completed the table for Smooth & Gold. I was not originally going to have a table for Gold. However, it was difficult to justify considering that most of the current Smooth stations were formerly Gold stations, so it made sense to put the two together.
JoshX

Good work so far.

One question from me: Why was there a period in 2013/14 where Wales' Heart stations turned into Capital?
GhostFromTVF

JoshX wrote: Tue 13 Jul, 2021 20.07 Good work so far.

One question from me: Why was there a period in 2013/14 where Wales' Heart stations turned into Capital?
Global bought the GMG stations, which included Real Radio in those areas, and they all became Heart, so the existing Heart stations were changed to Capital.
BBI45

After a fair few hours of effort, I've completed the table for Greatest Hits Radio.

I am also planning on doing a table for all the current BBC Radio stations. However, don't be surprised if this takes a while.
thegeek

BBI45 wrote: Thu 15 Jul, 2021 00.04 After a fair few hours of effort, I've completed the table for Greatest Hits Radio.

I am also planning on doing a table for all the current BBC Radio stations. However, don't be surprised if this takes a while.
As before, excellent work.

I think Clyde 2 spent some time being called "Clyde AM" (much as Clyde 1 was "Clyde FM"), though I'm not sure if that was just during split programming rather than all the time; they were definitely Clyde 1 FM and Clyde 2 AM when they went full time separate stations, later dropping the waveband designation. Where's Tony Currie when you need him?
BBI45

thegeek wrote: Sat 17 Jul, 2021 18.52
BBI45 wrote: Thu 15 Jul, 2021 00.04 After a fair few hours of effort, I've completed the table for Greatest Hits Radio.

As before, excellent work.

I think Clyde 2 spent some time being called "Clyde AM" (much as Clyde 1 was "Clyde FM"), though I'm not sure if that was just during split programming rather than all the time; they were definitely Clyde 1 FM and Clyde 2 AM when they went full time separate stations, later dropping the waveband designation. Where's Tony Currie when you need him?
That could very well have been the case. All of the tables are based on info from Wikipedia and Logopedia. Wikipedia mentioned "Clyde FM" but said nothing about "Clyde AM", whilst Logopedia only has logos saying Clyde 2.

In other news, the Pre-1967 BBC Radio table is now available, taking us from 2LO to the four main stations as we know them today, and the launch of BBC Local Radio.

Post-1967 BBC will be next, and after that, I'm open to ideas.
BBI45

I have finally completed the table for BBC Radio (Post-1967). I declaring this set of tables done, and as a result, you can now download the Excel spreadsheet to explore.

Whilst I'm calling time on this set, I'm looking for other networks which I could put into tables like these. My weird autistic self has enjoyed putting these together, and I'd like to carry on with it. I'm planning on putting together a table for ITV, but beyond that, any ideas from anywhere in the world would be appreciated.