Broadcaster Trevor Fry dies

The forum discussing radio
James Vertigan

BBC Radio Bristol presenter Trevor Fry, also known to listeners across the West and South West, has died aged 68: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-27954705
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Nick Harvey
God

Yes, James. Probably not very well known outside the area, but a sad loss to the West Country.

Bristol Hospital Broadcasting Service (where I first met him); Radio West; GWR, when Wiltshire and West merged; then Brunel Radio, the medium wave service of GWR, where he took on people like Andy Henly; then to the BBC, technically at Radio Bristol, but networked across the west and south-west on many an occasion.

Points West (yes, I watched it, specifically for this) did a tribute on Saturday. Spotlight, a slightly shorter version, on Sunday.

My thoughts are with Sue and the family.

(Please note that this is from the guy who doesn't do obits!)
James Vertigan

I used to love listening to his show after Duncan Warren's evening programme on Radio Devon. Such a nice man. Always cared about his listeners. I only just found out the news before starting this topic but it seems he passed away possibly on Friday with the news being broken yesterday evening, so surprised I didn't pick up on this earlier.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Nick Harvey
God

It was on Friday, with the news being released, officially, about 4pm on Saturday.