RIP Plymouth Sound...

The forum discussing radio
Beep

And Gold, BRMB and Galaxy Birmingham are fine. We already have a heart.
They all have similar websites too.
Malpass93

Beep wrote:We already have a heart.
Ditto for Nottingham. Heart 106 already exists so it looks like Trent FM is safe for now.
The New Malpass.
Philip Cobbold

Isn't Heart 106 being sold though, or at least being rented to another company so Global weren't responsible for the content?
Inspector Sands

Beep wrote:And Gold, BRMB and Galaxy Birmingham are fine. We already have a heart.
BRMB is being sold along with Beacon and Mercia, hence they've become autonomous and only network with each other. The sale should have been announced ages ago but no news yet.

The other things they had to dispose of when they merged were Heart in the East Midands (which they are selling but then keeping as a franchise-style Heart) but then and a few MW stations - they closed the 2 Gold transmitters in Exeter/Torbay
Charlie Wells

Inspector Sands wrote:
Beep wrote:And Gold, BRMB and Galaxy Birmingham are fine. We already have a heart.
BRMB is being sold along with Beacon and Mercia, hence they've become autonomous and only network with each other. The sale should have been announced ages ago but no news yet.

The other things they had to dispose of when they merged were Heart in the East Midands (which they are selling but then keeping as a franchise-style Heart) but then and a few MW stations - they closed the 2 Gold transmitters in Exeter/Torbay
I think a handful of local stations are getting re-branded as Galaxy instead of Heart, I'm guessing this is occurring where Heart already exists.
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
wells

Charlie Wells wrote:
Inspector Sands wrote:

I think a handful of local stations are getting re-branded as Galaxy instead of Heart, I'm guessing this is occurring where Heart already exists.
You assume wrong.

Central Scotland and the South Coast is where it has happened, in the case of the South Coast it's because it has the same TSA as Ocrean which is becoming Heart, in Scotland because XFM had performed poorly.

There are no plans (been announced or expected to be) to rebrand the other former GCap stations which share a TSA with a Heart or a soon to be Heart and these stations have now opted for a 'Hit Music' playlist and separate networking.
Inspector Sands

wells wrote:
Charlie Wells wrote: I think a handful of local stations are getting re-branded as Galaxy instead of Heart, I'm guessing this is occurring where Heart already exists.
You assume wrong.

Central Scotland and the South Coast is where it has happened, in the case of the South Coast it's because it has the same TSA as Ocrean which is becoming Heart, in Scotland because XFM had performed poorly.
Power and Ocean didn't have the same TSA but they overlapped a fair bit. Ocean Sound got the franchise/license for Southampton and Portsmouth and ran it was seperate East and West services originally, then they split them into Power and Ocean. Power aimed for a younger audience and Ocean more adult - for a while it was part of the Century network.

The other station that has been subsumed into the Galaxy network is Choice FM, but this is mainly for advertising sales purposes - Choice is still very different to Galaxy in terms of format
Thames

Jack Fm held a funeral procession for Fox Fm.

http://pauleaston.blogspot.com/2009/03/ ... ttack.html