Local radio rebrands as Heart FM

The forum discussing radio
Charlie Wells

Well Monday marked the end for Bedford's Chiltern FM along with eight other local radio stations which are being rebranded as Heart FM. As far as I'm aware the only non-networked aspects are the Breakfast and Drivetime programmes.

It looks like most other (commercial) local radio stations will also come under the Heart brand eventually.

Local stations to rebrand in Global Radio shake-up: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/se ... rcialradio
Global Radio's Heart rebrand: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/organgr ... rcialradio
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
Inspector Sands

Charlie Wells wrote:Well Monday marked the end for Bedford's Chiltern FM along with eight other local radio stations which are being rebranded as Heart FM. As far as I'm aware the only non-networked aspects are the Breakfast and Drivetime programmes.
I think the local content includes the afternoons too. Although this isn't a Heart thing of course, they've been networked for a long while, just as part of the 'One Network' rather than Heart
It looks like most other (commercial) local radio stations will also come under the Heart brand eventually.
Only the Global ones and not theirs in the Midlands (where there are already Hearts), so it's mainly just the South of England which will be Heart-i-fied
wells

6-10 am is local as well 1-7pm.
Spencer For Hire

Monday 23rd March is the date when another 12 stations become Heart, according to Radio Today. Big names going include GWR Bristol and Wiltshire, Gemini FM, 2-Ten FM and Severn Sound.

I'll be especially sad to see Severn Sound renamed, as it was the station I grew up with. I have many memories of going to their roadshows and queuing up for stickers and presenter photocards. It's also one of those stations which has a really strong local following and has always kicked the ass of any other stations in the area; Star Stroud handed back their licence and Star Cheltenham has listening figures so low, it's a wonder they're still on air. I can't see the change to Heart going down well in Gloucestershire.
Nick Harvey
God

Those were the days.

Who was that chap who voiced the overnight announcement back in the very early days, when they closed down overnight?

An excellent voice!
Spencer For Hire

Nick Harvey wrote:Who was that chap who voiced the overnight announcement back in the very early days, when they closed down overnight?

An excellent voice!
Would have probably been past my bedtime, but I'm sure he was wonderful. Feel free to post us some audio if you still have it!

Love the badge too - my sister had a sticker with the same design on her bedroom door for many years.
rob

The 2-Ten FM website has now changed colour in preparation for the name change, and there's a link explaining the new name...

http://www.2tenfm.co.uk/Article.asp?id=1165891
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Inspector Sands

2-Ten FM was always a rubbish name for a station. The dangers of naming a station after the position on the dial!
rob

All mention of the 2-Ten FM name seems to have now vanished. All we're getting now is "Heart is coming" announcements.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am