Chris Moyles - The new (big) target

The forum discussing radio
Charlie Wells

Well it looks like a certain paper has decided to go after Chris Moyles for comments made on Radio 1.
BBC in new decency row after Radio 1 DJ Chris Moyles suggests Poles makes good prostitutes
The BBC was plunged into another crisis last night after Chris Moyles appeared to suggest Poles make good prostitutes.
However if you read further down the article what was actually said was...
I’ve always found in my experience prostitutes make very good cleaners, and their ironing, brilliant.

I just find if you’re Polish you’re just very good at ironing...and prostitutes (they’re) very good also at fixing cars.
As per usual with the Daily Mail the actual comments were made on 19th Novemeber, however it's only in the past day or so they've picked up on it. And of course they feel the need in the last paragraph to mention Ross & Brand and show a photo of the pair on Radio 2.
Article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tutes.html
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
Nini
Banned

Dicks, that's not even close to saying Poles are prostitutes. Why is the conservative right getting to vocalise and gain support for prohibitionist attacks on what they consider bad speech? This is just as bad as the Mirror's campaign against swearing on TV.
all new Phil

Anyone else wish that the Daily Mail would just fuck off?
Gavin Scott
Admin

all new Phil wrote:Anyone else wish that the Daily Mail would just fuck off?
Oh yes.

It has to be said though that they are lately becoming a pervasive presence on TV Forum and, to a lesser extent, here as well.

I wouldn't give them the oxygen of publicity myself, and I certainly wouldn't be reading them online to see what they're outraged about this time. It just legitimises them.

Its a bit like all those who watch Fox News and then post links about how awful they are.

Not that I'm slighting the OP or anyone who posts a new topic in Birdsong - as the Mail have single-handedly increased readership in this forum!
iSon

I think the thing that gets me is the fact that not only does the Daily Mail effectively make up a new daily outrage, it's their atrocious journalese.

"PLUNGED INTO A NEW CRISIS"

Jeez, anyone would think that Martin Luther King had just been shot, but no it's just a lardy DJ who is spouting his nonsense that needs no more airtime that the Daily Mail does.
Good Lord!
Malpass93

all new Phil wrote:Anyone else wish that the Daily Mail would just fuck off?
I'm pretty sure that at least most of us do, myself included.
The New Malpass.
Ronnie Rowlands

Did anyone see the hypocritical and pointless rant that Tony Parsehole of the Daily Mirror wrote about him?
Chris Moyles is a pathetic racist, and his anti-Polish outburst shames the BBC

By Tony Parsons 6/12/2008

I doubt if Chris Moyles, the grotesquely overweight Radio 1 DJ, would ever say anything racist about Muslims.

He’s edgy, kids! He’s mouthy! He’s controversial! But he is not that controversial.

And not that brave.

Yet Moyles happily slags off Polish people because he thinks he can get away with it.

And in my book that not only makes him a fat racist. That also makes him a fat coward.

So what did Moyles actually tell his listeners?

“I’ve always found in my experience that prostitutes make very good cleaners and their ironing – brilliant… I just find if you’re Polish, you’re very good at ironing… and prostitutes… good also at fixing cars.”

That’s what he said – but what was he trying to say?

Despite the weasel words of apology from Moyles that came out of BBC Broadcasting House, it sounds as if Chris was telling us in the clearest possible terms that Poles are good at prostitution and domestic work.

Sounds to me as if the fattest man ever to work for Radio 1 is saying that Poles are somehow lesser human beings than representatives of a superior race, such as himself (members of the master race are invariably fat, ugly bastards like Chris).

Oh, just a bit of a laugh, he would probably say, and I don’t doubt he would believe it. But is it worth it, Chris?

You called the few hundred thousand Polish women who work in this country whores and cleaners. You called the few hundred thousand Polish men who work here good at any job where they have to get down on their knees.

It’s not controversial, or edgy, or even funny.

It’s ugly, spiteful and nasty. And pathetic. Oh – and wrong.

We – the British people – are lucky that the greatest immigration wave in our history was comprised largely of Poles. They are a proud, hard working, decent people.

I don’t know if Chris Moyles reads books but if he wants to know what the men and women of Poland are like, he should take a look at a book called Rising ’44 – The Battle For Warsaw, by Norman Davies.

It is the story of the Warsaw Uprising, which the historian Anthony Beevor called, “the most heroic and tragic in history”.

For 63 days, the Poles tried to drive the Nazis out of Warsaw, fighting them in sewers, cellars and house to house, while the Allies stood by and watched.

When it was all over, the Nazis bombed Warsaw flat. And as the battered survivors were marched away, they cried – Stolze Polen! Proud Poles!

That’s who the Poles were, Chris, and who they still are. They can be proud of more than ironing your XXL pants.

But what can the BBC be proud of these days?

In its desperate efforts to stay in touch with the kids and to be edgy, controversial and relevant, the BBC provides a home to the most puerile bullying imaginable.

First we had Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand bullying a pensioner – a refugee from the Nazis, as it happens – and taunting him about sexual encounters with his granddaughter, and now we have Chris Moyles making graphically distasteful remarks about Poles.

The BBC is funded by the licence fee, the £139.50 that we all pay every year. In these hard times, that is a lot of money to a lot of people.

Why should we pay for offensive garbage we don’t want?

It would be a tragedy for Britain if the BBC lost its licence because some overweight idiots like Moyles and Ross tried to be edgy – on Radio 1 and Radio 2, no less.

That’s the real laugh – the BBC trying to be edgy in the home of Smashey and Nicey, and Jimmy Young.

And what could be less edgy than that?
I actually do hate Parsons. Why oh why are all of the Mirror's columnists easily outraged shit spouters who think that the world gives a shit about their overblown and idiotic bandwagon jumping views? Paul Routledge and Tony Parsons are the worst for it. The Mirror should find at least one columnist who is actually interesting to read about.
Ronnie is victorious, vivacious in victory like a venomous dog. Vile Republicans cease living while the religious retort with rueful rhetoric. These rank thugs resort to violence and swear revenge.

But Ronnie can punch through steel so they lose anyway.
Nini
Banned

You could read a better paper and not really have to give a fuck what The Mirror are upto unless they're looking to remove all swearing from TV or something draconian like that.
Ronnie Rowlands

I only read it for Andy Capp. I just sometimes happen to see an article when I'm turning the pages.
Ronnie is victorious, vivacious in victory like a venomous dog. Vile Republicans cease living while the religious retort with rueful rhetoric. These rank thugs resort to violence and swear revenge.

But Ronnie can punch through steel so they lose anyway.