Russell Brand and Andrew Sachs's granddaughter

The forum discussing radio
DAS

Did anyone catch Jonathan Ross co-hosting Russell Brand's show on Radio 2 on Saturday? Not sure what you make of Russell's show - personally speaking, I like Russell's comedy but the radio show is hard work for me to survive, let alone enjoy, and how it's on Radio 2 I'll never know - but Saturday's was interesting. Early in the show he announced that Andrew Sachs would be on the phone, and then "hinted" pretty obviously that he'd seen to his granddaughter. When it came to interviewing him he wasn't picking up so they both left a voicemail for him.

Have a listen for 5 minutes from 00:51 in - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00f0lg8/

What do you make of that? Good radio but I can't help but feel quite uneasy?
Netizen

I'm only halfway through the previous week's podcast (with David Baddiel) and she was mentioned then. I think the radio show is brilliant stuff but it's not as good without Matt Morgan. Is he on extended holiday or has he left for good?
Jovis

He'll return.
wells

Netizen wrote:I'm only halfway through the previous week's podcast (with David Baddiel) and she was mentioned then. I think the radio show is brilliant stuff but it's not as good without Matt Morgan. Is he on extended holiday or has he left for good?
Did you not hear the one with Simon Amstell?
Pete

It is amazing that these two loud mouth idiots are allowed to slight other people off in public, and especially in a sexual content. If Andrew Sachs shot them both I am sure he would get public sympathy for doing it. The sooner we dispose of so called Celebs like these two the better. who else would employ people like this except the good old BBC. why do the public pay for the TV license to listen to rubbish like that?

- ron hill, Philippines, 26/10/2008 01:39

I do love the daily mail.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
marksi

I don't find Russell Brand's Radio 2 programme remotely witty, never mind funny. It's a diatribe of meaningless nothingness. Surely his potential audience (and I'm vaguely guessing here at what his target audience is) would be in the pub at 9pm on a Saturday night.

Quite what Jonathan Ross was thinking I've no idea.
Nick Harvey
God

More to the point, wouldn't Russell Brand's target audience NOT be Radio 2's target audience?
marksi

I fully expect to be trotted off to another course on commonsense behaviour in broadcasting as a result of this.
DVB Cornwall

I've just sent this email to Lesley Douglas, who appointed Brand to the Radio Two slot ....
Dear Ms Douglas,

It gives me no pleasure to say I told you so, but the latest horror perpetrated by R Brand only emphasises my correspondence of several years ago about using ‘Celebrity’ presenters. I really hope that this latest incident makes it abundantly clear that what the network needs is professional music presenters and mainstream entertainment. It’s no place for such abysmal creatures as Brand.

No further ‘populist’ moves please, it does the BBC no credit; it only denigrates the Corporation into the dustbin.

Thanks for reading,
Charlie Wells

The next few programmes the pair appear in should be interesting in terms of what they have to say, as I assume they'll be apologising. I imagine Ross will also have to apologies on Friday Night else before one of the guests mentions it. I wonder if either will be 'absent' from their radio shows on Saturday, or at least not taking phone calls or emails. Personally I think the BBC could save some money by dropping the pair, particularly if they can find a clause to get out of their contracts.
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
all new Phil

If they get shut of Ross, they can probably scale back considerably the cutbacks they're currently making in the news department with the savings.

But back in reality, they'll probably just give the both of them an undeserved payrise.