Your Listening Choices

The forum discussing radio
wells

What radio station do you listen to?

At work, At home, In the car?

I wake up to Chris Moyles show on BBC Radio 1 and currently listen to Richard Bacon on Five Live weeknights.

Of a morning on the way to college I have to listen to either BRMB or Heart, similar shows with stupid fake banter between the Male/Female presenters (repeated on hundreds of station up and down the land).

The best music station in my area is Kerrang! Radio on 105.2 FM.

I should add I also listen to lots of small ILR stations such as The Wyre, and Sunshine 855 to see how they are doing.
Beep

wells wrote:What radio station do you listen to?

At work, At home, In the car?

I wake up to Chris Moyles show on BBC Radio 1 and currently listen to Richard Bacon on Five Live weekday evenings.

The best music station in my area is Kerrang! Radio on 105.2 FM.

Of a morning on the way out I have to listen to BRMB or Heart similar shows stupid fake banter between the Male/Female presenters (repeated on hundreds of station up and down the land).
BBC WM at Home , at School and When in Cov, BBC CWR on 94.8, 104FM & DAB
Jovis

Why do you obsess so much over BBC Birmingham?
JonathanEx

Well, I'm a big Radio 4 fan. I'll wake up first thing with the Today programme playing, which is really nice to hear as the first thing in the morning, nice and informative, and has the benefit of being talk radio: which I'm a big fan of, especially at that time.
In the car in the mornings on my way to college it's generally Radio 1, but that's not strictly by choice: but it gets me in the mood for the day.

At home, when sitting around I'll probably pop on Radio 4 again, it's good to dip in and out of: and at nights I'll go to sleep listening to the station and it going to World Service.
Yes, I'm new here. Hello then.
lukey

Don't really listen to radio - but when I do, it's Radio 4 - usually for the Today programme whilst getting ready in the morning. And I'm not altogether sure last.fm radio counts for anything.
Beep

Jovis wrote:Why do you obsess so much over BBC Birmingham?
Have you hear BRMB and Heart and Smooth and Beacon , Mercia, Galaxyect
Lorns

R1 daytime at work, sometimes local radio of a weekend and on occassions on a long lourney world service in the car.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Col

I don't listen to much on the radio these days.

Two good mates of mine have a radio show on a community station in Manchester, Wythenshawe FM, on a Wednesday evening which is also broadcast on a live internet stream, they play a mix of music from 1976 to 1986, and it's usually good for a listen - if I miss it live, they copy it and send it to me to listen at my own leisure...
nwtv2003

For me I only ever listen to the Radio whilst I'm driving, usually on most journey's I tend to listen to Key 103 (Manchester), okay it's just the usual day in day out, crappy pop and rather samey DJ's, but it's easy going. I do listen to BBC Radio Manchester from time to time, it's better for News and Sport, although Allan Beswick between 12pm and 2pm weekdays is worth a listen, he never backs down and usually give aload of OAPs a good shouting. If I'm ever heading over Liverpool way then I usually flip over to Radio City 96.7, again just like Key 103, although I have been listening to CityTalk and it's not bad, but not brilliant.

Xfm Manchester for the Man U games when I'm out driving.

I have a DAB Clock Radio at home but I don't listen to it that often, if I do I usually leave it on Virgin Radio, the quality is superb on DAB.
steve
timgraham

Triple J, kind of like Radio 1 (in terms of audience and that it's run by the ABC), is what I settle on most of the time..good music and interesting shows:

I also listen to ABC NewsRadio quite a bit - as well as their own bulletins during the day there's stuff from the BBC World Service, Deutsche Welle and others overnight.

The combination of those two keeps me free of Nickelback or any of the other crap the commercial FM stations here are in love with 8-)
Steve in Pudsey

Moyles at breakfast, if I'm still listening after 10 (rare) I'll usually stick with R1 for Jo Whiley. Often I'll flick between Real Yorkshire, The Pulse and Pennine FM (formerly Home FM). Evenings, usually Colin Murray on a Tuesday for the black hole, otherwise Clive Bull on LBC.

Having said that I came across tests for 106.1 Rock Radio in Manchester, which sounds promising.