What's Next?

Humphrey Hacker

The isolation for me was impossible. Apologies for those who know me but I'm autistic and the thought of spending 3 months on my own was unbearable.

This is the first time I've admitted this. The day after lockdown came into effect I bagged up what food and meds I had and moved back in with my parents. My rationale was that they are over 70, they were in the heavy shielding bracket and couldn't leave home so I was their carer which boiled down to fetching food and prescriptions.

Some people reading this may think "you selfish b------d" but my reply is "how many did similar?"

The government utterly failed to grasp the mental health impact and I hope that when the enquiry does take place that there will be a massive focus on that (wishful thinking I know but you have to hope.)
allwillbewell

Logic is to go down by age from top to bottom. Those at the least risk are the young. So unfortunately they the young are last to get the jab.

Sadly I think COVID just sped up or exposed existing mental health issues or just made them worse, but I can't really see what could have been done as everything would have to be remote or by phone, and that isn't really the same as doing things for real. It was not just the young either.
All views are my own
all new Phil

Humphrey Hacker wrote: Fri 11 Jun, 2021 09.26 The isolation for me was impossible. Apologies for those who know me but I'm autistic and the thought of spending 3 months on my own was unbearable.

This is the first time I've admitted this. The day after lockdown came into effect I bagged up what food and meds I had and moved back in with my parents. My rationale was that they are over 70, they were in the heavy shielding bracket and couldn't leave home so I was their carer which boiled down to fetching food and prescriptions.

Some people reading this may think "you selfish b------d" but my reply is "how many did similar?"

The government utterly failed to grasp the mental health impact and I hope that when the enquiry does take place that there will be a massive focus on that (wishful thinking I know but you have to hope.)
Not selfish at all and, I’d guess, just about within the rules. But ultimately you do what is right for your circumstances, I think people got too hung up on what was right and wrong and when they added a degree of ‘use your common sense’ to it, that was when things unravelled a little.