TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

DTV

JoshX wrote: Sun 26 Dec, 2021 22.49 The TV Predictions thread isn't any better. The next person to say that "The BBC's rebrand finishes rolling out next year"...
I still can't work out whether it's the utterly banal or the ludicrously insane predictions that are weirder.
james2001

Roger Darthwell clearly likes posts without actually looking at their content seeing as he liked a post I made, then reposted something which was in the video he'd just liked commenting as if it was something brand new that's just been found (which also isn't the case as the video in question's been online for years).
BBC TV Centre

Has anyone else been getting a 502 Bad Gateway error when trying to browse to TVLF recently?
rob

BBC TV Centre wrote: Mon 03 Jan, 2022 17.15 Has anyone else been getting a 502 Bad Gateway error when trying to browse to TVLF recently?
Everything's been fine at this end. There were some 503 errors recently that affected the forum as well as the main TVL site. I'll keep an eye on things though just in case.

Oh, and happy new year to you all!
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Joe

I feel a bit mean complaining as it’s all just different forms of geekery but… isn’t the technical side of the BBC Three launch super dull. I don’t get those people finding ‘secret’ feeds ahead of the launch. It’s not even like it’s anything new, it’s just a return to five years ago. I keep going into the BBC Three thread thinking there might be some new programme details or graphic, but it’s all ‘ooh it’s ID 4568’

Still, I’m on a TV presentation site. What did I expect.
all new Phil

Joe wrote: Thu 06 Jan, 2022 19.35 I feel a bit mean complaining as it’s all just different forms of geekery but… isn’t the technical side of the BBC Three launch super dull. I don’t get those people finding ‘secret’ feeds ahead of the launch. It’s not even like it’s anything new, it’s just a return to five years ago. I keep going into the BBC Three thread thinking there might be some new programme details or graphic, but it’s all ‘ooh it’s ID 4568’

Just wait till you read the thrilling (and seemingly endless) chat about the CBBC closedown slide.
rob

all new Phil wrote: Sat 08 Jan, 2022 00.51 Just wait till you read the thrilling (and seemingly endless) chat about the CBBC closedown slide.
Yep, I'm getting bored of it too. ;)
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Blewatter

Reading this thread, Im glad to see that I am not annoying or grating people, because I usually do...
Martin Phillp

KrazyKei is just a fantasist. Most of his posts are in the realm of his own mind than of any factual knowledge of the industry.

The latest post of his is saying that he'd like GB News Breakfast to beat GMB or Breakfast which isn't based on reality.
TVF's London Lite.
Joe

To be fair, I'd like to wake up tomorrow and find half a million quid has been placed in my account overnight. It's not based on reality, but it's still true.
MetalGearRex

Joe wrote: Thu 06 Jan, 2022 19.35 I feel a bit mean complaining as it’s all just different forms of geekery but… isn’t the technical side of the BBC Three launch super dull. I don’t get those people finding ‘secret’ feeds ahead of the launch. It’s not even like it’s anything new, it’s just a return to five years ago. I keep going into the BBC Three thread thinking there might be some new programme details or graphic, but it’s all ‘ooh it’s ID 4568’

I get the understanding that the technical news is not as interesting but it is still relevant to an extent. I just don't think it has much conversation to justify it. The Three thread's been slow as of late.

And the CBBC closedown slide stuff has run its course.