TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

all new Phil

Don’t know about any of you guys but I think I’d like a few more mentions of Oneness in the BBC logo thread, there haven’t been nearly enough tenuous mentions so far.
Andrew

That thread still suffers from people just keeping it going for no reason, posting every thought that comes into their head

It'll be carnage when the new look actually launches, how long before many hate it!

No doubt there will be...
People 'counting down' to the launch "Can you believe at this time in 2 days we will have seen the new look..."
A rumour that the launch starts at Midnight rather than 6am
Anticipation of a new ident at 9:15, and then Breakfast hand over straight to the next programme without a junction
james2001

When it deteriorates into mocks and fantasy scheduling, you know it's time to get out.
DTV

Andrew wrote: Sat 09 Oct, 2021 20.29 It'll be carnage when the new look actually launches, how long before many hate it!
The Forum will love it for six months, then the younger members will start declaring it 'tired' and saying that it is time for something new. After about two/three years, 'tired' will become the consensus opinion (regardless of whether it actually is) and, given subbrands will inevitably deviate from the branding guidelines*, there will be a new thread every week detailing every such deviation. If any of the idents make five years, there will be a lot of angry posts about when-oh-when will the BBC be introducing new ones - which will continue until new ones are actually announced.

After the idents have been replaced they will enter the TVF nostalgia cycle. First, forumers will be glad they are gone, though some will miss them. Then, around 10-15 years after their introduction, they will be widely disliked by the forum, possibly even getting a 'worst ever' moniker - there will be many posts reciting the BBC's reasoning to get rid of them as to why they are awful. Finally, as they approach their 20th birthday, their reputation will grow until they are regarded as masterpieces - with many posts reciting the press release that announced them as reasons they are great.

(*start the betting pool now on who'll be first, I'll put a fiver on Sport)
james2001

Carnage on the BBC rebrand thread now... someone makes a comment they've seen the Oneness idents with the new logo, all of a sudden in true internet fashion it becomes "fact" that the oneness idents are staying, TV Home publish an article seemingly based on the forum posts, and now everyone's moaning about oneness again and talking as if it's the end of the world, demanding people who work for the BBC reassure us that it's not staying and one person's even got themselves banned and another person has signed up just to shout at another and call them a liar...

Why does oneness seemingly get people over there so wound up anyway? I won't deny they're not brilliant idents, but the way people act over it on there seems irrational.
Andrew

“at least it’ll be better than Oneness” and variations on that theme has become such a lazy thing to say on the forum and is far too overused
JAS84

james2001 wrote: Tue 12 Oct, 2021 18.10 Carnage on the BBC rebrand thread now... someone makes a comment they've seen the Oneness idents with the new logo, all of a sudden in true internet fashion it becomes "fact" that the oneness idents are staying, TV Home publish an article seemingly based on the forum posts, and now everyone's moaning about oneness again and talking as if it's the end of the world, demanding people who work for the BBC reassure us that it's not staying and one person's even got themselves banned and another person has signed up just to shout at another and call them a liar...

Why does oneness seemingly get people over there so wound up anyway? I won't deny they're not brilliant idents, but the way people act over it on there seems irrational.
It was Clean Feed, part of The TV Room, not TV Home, which doesn't even DO articles.
barcode

JAS84 wrote: Tue 12 Oct, 2021 20.28
james2001 wrote: Tue 12 Oct, 2021 18.10 Carnage on the BBC rebrand thread now... someone makes a comment they've seen the Oneness idents with the new logo, all of a sudden in true internet fashion it becomes "fact" that the oneness idents are staying, TV Home publish an article seemingly based on the forum posts, and now everyone's moaning about oneness again and talking as if it's the end of the world, demanding people who work for the BBC reassure us that it's not staying and one person's even got themselves banned and another person has signed up just to shout at another and call them a liar...

It was Clean Feed, part of The TV Room, not TV Home, which doesn't even DO articles.
On top of that, the Article wasn't based on something posted on the forum. The ref to the forum was about BBC insiders commenting on the idents which there have seen. How this even come about this part has the making of the purple monkey dishwasher.
Philip

Every time I venture into one of the mammoth BBC rebrand threads I find it immediately tedious and exhausting. Please spare me the essays complaining about people complaining about idents.

And while I’m here, what is it with people who are so wilfully ignorant? Google exists.
Charlie Wells

Philip wrote: Thu 14 Oct, 2021 08.24 And while I’m here, what is it with people who are so wilfully ignorant? Google exists.
If you think the forums are bad you should try Facebook groups for local communities. Questions such as "What time does the bus to xxx depart?" when both Google maps and the bus companies own website have the answers. Equally an inability to search that FB group's recent posts for "who is the local Hermes driver".
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
Beep

Philip wrote: Thu 14 Oct, 2021 08.24 And while I’m here, what is it with people who are so wilfully ignorant? Google exists.
I think a lot of people seemingly can't be bothered, as said above by Charlie, people seem that used to asking questions on comments and feeds and getting an answer from someone else they forget to Google things.

One user seriously asked if the Balloon and R&M idents were produced in Widescreen, a simple google image search would've shown caps of them in 16:9.