TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

T0M

The forum is descending into people deflecting any valid criticism of the rebrand with “The public won’t notice!”…

They realise they’re on a forum about TV presentation, right? Like it annoys me when people are overly petty about something but when it’s valid criticism it’s just… odd.

Of course most people aren’t going to notice - but most people aren’t on a forum about discussing and dissecting TV idents either…
🍊
DTV

T0M wrote: Fri 29 Oct, 2021 14.07 The forum is descending into people deflecting any valid criticism of the rebrand with “The public won’t notice!”…

They realise they’re on a forum about TV presentation, right? Like it annoys me when people are overly petty about something but when it’s valid criticism it’s just… odd.

Of course most people aren’t going to notice - but most people aren’t on a forum about discussing and dissecting TV idents either…
There has certainly been an increase in 'most people won't notice/care' or 'it's just a font, etc.' attitudes in the last year and you do, as you say, just want to reply 'then what the fuck are we doing here'.
T0M

I would love to just say that! I feel like I have to go into the most inept detailed descriptions to make sure nothing ever gets misinterpreted on there, either.
🍊
T0M

Did accidentally derail the BBC One thread a little today though - Apologies. Stuck a question on one of my replies and wholeheartedly thought it would be a case of one person just replying and answering with “Oh, it’s X because of Y” without disrupting anything and that would be done with it, didn’t expect there to be multiple people suddenly curious what I was on about. Expecting some snark for it over there.
🍊
Beep

Just noticed this gem
NicolasPLanning, over on TVLF wrote: And I'm not a 'boy", I'm the first LGBTQ+ person on this forum. A genderfluid abrosexual. Also a reason why they did this, maybe it's because of corona
https://tvliveforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=41396#p41396

Either we're into new levels of diversity and they're totally genuine or I think we've got a troll masquarading as a TV pres geek or they're legit and not that self aware. I have an overwhelming temptation to reply with 'How dare you assume my gender identity and sexuality'...

Other posts include a petition for ITVbe to change their idents.
Alan de Robson

Beep wrote: Tue 02 Nov, 2021 02.38 Just noticed this gem
NicolasPLanning, over on TVLF wrote: And I'm not a 'boy", I'm the first LGBTQ+ person on this forum. A genderfluid abrosexual. Also a reason why they did this, maybe it's because of corona
https://tvliveforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=41396#p41396

Either we're into new levels of diversity and they're totally genuine or I think we've got a troll masquarading as a TV pres geek or they're legit and not that self aware. I have an overwhelming temptation to reply with 'How dare you assume my gender identity and sexuality'...

Other posts include a petition for ITVbe to change their idents.
I think everyone will agree that Alan Robson was the first on TVL/TVLF to be openly "T".

I had to look up what abrosexual meant and that was only the beginning of the rabbit hole.
Pete

*poof*

that's the sound of some posts disappearing into the ether...

Anyhow, logos eh? cant' live with em...
"He has to be larger than bacon"
noqmeb

Jesus don’t these people get bored. Every thread is turning political. Adam B thread they have already started with this crap. Shut the duck up!!
JoshX

I'm sure some people disagree with the first LGBTQ+ claim: https://tvforum.uk/forums/post1210449#post-1210449
dosxuk

noqmeb wrote: Wed 10 Nov, 2021 12.05 Jesus don’t these people get bored. Every thread is turning political. Adam B thread they have already started with this crap. Shut the duck up!!
The arena thread is like a breath of fresh air, although that may have something to do with the number of blue names posting in that thread.
noqmeb

I'm pretty sure Brekkie just sits there all day waiting to be offended over something.......