TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

TIGHazard

rob wrote: Wed 16 Jun, 2021 15.13
Philip wrote: Wed 16 Jun, 2021 12.20 I see James M is now attacking Rob on Twitter for the ban.
I was quite offended by the accusation that Brekkie has "shit" on me. That hurt, considering the fact that I was prepared to give James a clean slate when I opened the new forum.

I have said from the very start of the forum that everyone got an equal chance, regardless of what they said or did in the past. I have tried to be fair to everyone, but if you're going to continue posting crap that's got fuck all to do with television presentation, then you are not welcome on my forum.

I have suggested to Mr. Martin that if he wants to return to the forum in 2 weeks time, that he keeps his comments about other members private. I will have no hesitation whatsoever in making the ban permanent if he persists.
Moderating a couple of Twitch channels, I've come to the conclusion that people can be really nice then flip when moderators try and single them out. I'm reminded of someone who I had to ban for a week for saying something about the streamers sister which was obviously unintentional but in the rules was 'don't talk about my family at all'. It was their first offence. They decided to DM to apologise to me, then 1 hour later when I hadn't unbanned them, decided to call me every slur under the sun. This was someone I'd had friendly conversations nearly every day for 9 months and was a NHS doctor.
Jonwo

That's the problem with the internet and social platforms is that it allows people to hide behind usernames and say stuff they wouldn't dare say in real life.
allwillbewell

Jonwo wrote: Wed 16 Jun, 2021 17.43 That's the problem with the internet and social platforms is that it allows people to hide behind usernames and say stuff they wouldn't dare say in real life.
But that is also a benefit. If the day comes where every post has to be under your real name I will certainly not be posting anywhere.
All views are my own
thegeek

DTV wrote: Wed 16 Jun, 2021 16.34 For reference on how unhealthy the obsession with GB News is - after less than 3 days, the thread has already reached 141 pages. The BBC National/News Channel from New Broadcasting House thread on TVF took five-and-a-half months to get to 141 pages and had only reached page 56 by this point.
I did nearly pop in to make a comment on it, then thought no, it's probably not going to add anything constructive, what's the point.

I barely even care enough to read six pages of people talking *about* the thread, never mind 100-odd pages about the channel.
all new Phil

Yes the GB News thread has just turned into a really boring running commentary of the channel. We know they’re having sound problems. We know it’s a bit shit. We also know that there are really talented people working in the background under a lot of pressure and it wasn’t their fault that the channel launched far earlier than it should, and who are probably fearing for their future career prospects.

In other news, Rob - I strongly recommend closing or ignoring the feedback thread. I can’t believe the amount of entitled demands in there. You’ll never satisfy the members of an internet forum who will always pick holes and want more. Ultimately you’re providing a place for discussion and anything else is a distraction and a drain on your time.
dosxuk

all new Phil wrote: Wed 16 Jun, 2021 20.44 Yes the GB News thread has just turned into a really boring running commentary of the channel. We know they’re having sound problems. We know it’s a bit shit. We also know that there are really talented people working in the background under a lot of pressure and it wasn’t their fault that the channel launched far earlier than it should, and who are probably fearing for their future career prospects.
I find it amusing that there are so many experts in that thread who seem to know exactly what the problems are, how to fix them, who should be kicked out and who should be brought in to solve everything - and that none of them (bar a couple of notable exceptions) have blue industry insider name tags. Plenty of discussion and notes from the other insiders, but very little finger pointing and quick fixes coming from them.

If only Andrew Neil had known to employ a load of staff from Discovery as his "pilots" and none of these issues would have happened!
allwillbewell

I think it's only fair that TV geeks speculate.
All views are my own
rob

all new Phil wrote: Wed 16 Jun, 2021 20.44 In other news, Rob - I strongly recommend closing or ignoring the feedback thread. I can’t believe the amount of entitled demands in there. You’ll never satisfy the members of an internet forum who will always pick holes and want more. Ultimately you’re providing a place for discussion and anything else is a distraction and a drain on your time.
I concur. Some of the feedback has been constructive whilst some have been very nit-picky.

With regards to Mr. Martin, I am following discussion elsewhere. He's still "fucking angry" with me. Seriously contemplating making the ban permanent if he continues spouting his criticisms on other platforms.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
thegeek

allwillbewell wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 00.13 I think it's only fair that TV geeks speculate.
I try not to, on public platforms at least...
Alan de Robson

If James is angry with Rob for banning him, he shouldn't be.

I've been banned for a couple of weeks and I take the punishment. I am not angry or upset because it's not my website. I still love the place and visit it multiple times a day.

I do find it strange though the number of political comments in the last day or two which have not been acted upon from the usual suspects.

That said thought they're coming at such a pace that you'd need a team of people to constantly moderate it.
allwillbewell

Sometimes it would be easier to debate a brick wall.....

Re-read what I wrote Adsales101, because you seem to have missed it. You quote me saying "Any company can make the choice not to advertise on the channel", and then you claim in your reply "Your view does not mean that you can take away a business' right to decide". Need I say more. Plus I already addressed the rest of your point before you even posted it. Please read the thread again.

And you are right, I do support the channel. I thought that was obvious but I am sure that won't make me popular with some, my responses have always been balanced and fair. So I won't be taking the bait I'm afraid.
All views are my own