TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

james2001

After having lived though all the Lee Bedwoods and Paul Akinbolas, it's genuinely impossible to tell any more.

Absolutely wonderful that they posted the Budd Dwyer video...
WillPS

Well, apparently I'm now the administrator of a "cess-pool of hate".

Wonderful stuff.

For what little it's worth, I have invited Rob on several occasions to let me or bilky asko know whenever he sees something that he considers to be hateful.

The one and only time he has done so, the user in question was banned until assurance was reached that the agreeably foul message and those of its like would not recur.

What I haven't done, and refuse to do, is ban any discussion of Rob Francis from ChatPS. Each and every time this has been demanded, usually with some vague allusion to legal action, I have explained at length why such a restriction would be impractical.

I don't really give a shit whether Rob chooses to ban mentions of ChatPS or not, it's his ball and he can fuck off with it if that's his jam, but I would invite him to delete this post, or at least edit out the provable slander/lies. By the way, there is only one "owner" - the last 2 letters of the name are a clue ;)
rob

I have amended that post, but I'm afraid my feelings about your site still stands.

I will mention that one of your users sent me an apology this morning for their past comments about me, and I have accepted that. I doubt I'll get an apology from the others...

I will, as you put it, fuck off and let you continue to do things without any more interference. The ban on discussion of your site will still stand though. I simply want to get on with running my forum in peace.

That is the last you will hear from me on this subject, thank you for your time.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
all new Phil

Ooh I love me a bit of drama 🍿
Joe

Looking forward to the ‘dodgy’, ‘creased’ sofa cover in the Newsnight/Marr studio being mentioned every week for evermore.
bilky asko

all new Phil wrote: Sun 17 Oct, 2021 00.58 Ooh I love me a bit of drama 🍿
If only you were there, you too would have seen the hottest television gossip you simply can't get elsewhere, such as "newsreader sneezes" and "man appears on TV".
Philip

Couldn’t help myself and got involved in the BBC rebrand thread.

Hey at least I waited this long, imagine how insufferable I’d have been if I wasn’t actively ignoring it for the past however many months.
Critique

Philip wrote: Mon 18 Oct, 2021 19.21 Couldn’t help myself and got involved in the BBC rebrand thread.

Hey at least I waited this long, imagine how insufferable I’d have been if I wasn’t actively ignoring it for the past however many months.
I was quite proud that until bits of the rebrand started to leak last week and a new thread was made, I'd only made it as far as page 2 of the previous 108 page thread! I opened it once, realised it was going to be an awful read, and then simply never returned.
DTV

The constant obsession of some members with the BBC Two 'Channel of the Year' graphic is a perfect example of a certain type of member who would be complaining about something incredibly minor whatever happened.

If they hadn't mentioned it, they would ask why BBC Two weren't mentioning it.
If they aligned the graphic to the left or right, they'd be complaining that it looked odd considering the centre-aligned nature of the idents.
If they put it below the BBC Two logo, they'd be moaning that it wasn't 16:9 safe.
Beep

Since when has not liking something the BBC do been seen as 'BBC bashing' - in fact I think that phrase is manufactured by BBC employees that feel some loyalty towards their employer or those that can't see when they're doing wrong.

People need to accept that just as some people love the new BBC logo, others hate it and others are indifferent. Nobody has actually given a solid justification for the change yet - and the fact that it needs justification speaks volumes.
T0M

I feel like there’s a lot more kids joining the forum these days and it keeps stemming into an awkward situation where threads upon threads are just getting diluted with, well, shite… The fact that they’re interested in TV presentation is great and I don’t want to take a place for their special interests away from them but it really does feel a lot worse in that situation than TV Forum was and it’s making everything quite uncomfortable to read.

The fact that I don’t think other members are realising the fact either and not acting appropriately is also making everything just seem a bit… bleh. Like there was a thread the other day or week or something where someone who was clearly a child was saying something like “Why doesn’t X do Y anymore? Sign my petition to bring these idents back!” - which led to a load of users quoting them and being like “What are you doing? You’re embarrassing yourself!”… If you used context clues and critical thinking, you’d realise the user made a petition about idents because they’re probably something like 11 years old… It makes the whole thing feel really off when you see older members yelling at literal children or people that seemingly aren’t all there.

I just feel very much at a crossroads with the forum at the moment where I love logging on and finding new updates about pres, but the discussion really is miserable most of the time. I’ve said a couple of times that I don’t think the BBC logo looks right on there and it immediately gets put back with “Oh! but the old one was from 1997! You’re just not used to it yet :)” That’s not how good design works.
🍊