TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

Alan de Robson

Philip wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 15.13 That’s not really political pisstaking is it? But just pointing out the repetitive topics of the channel.
I disagree, Philip. The second and third points are an attempt to highlight what the poster believes are the political priorities of the channel.

For example, on the CNN, BBC News, and Sky threads, you don't really see posts like this and they often, like all news outlets, have stories they concentrate on for prolonged periods. Therefore, it's a reasonable statement to say that it's political pisstaking - certainly has nothing to do with TV presentation.
allwillbewell

dosxuk wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 15.41
allwillbewell wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 15.19
Philip wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 15.13 That’s not really political pisstaking is it? But just pointing out the repetitive topics of the channel.
Yeah it's not political as such, just rather trying to provoke but I am glad no one has taken the bait.
What do you think Worzel is trying to provoke?
Well, I can't see what purpose the post serves other than to try and provoke someone. All of these nit picking posts are little digs at people over trivial things. Like someone who keeps poking you. Obviously if you are in favour of the channel, they have the potential to provoke you. And I know he knows this. As many others do.

As I said on TFL, constructive criticisim is fine. Childish poking over and over again isn't. But it's far worse on twitter. But thankfully, very few people have allowed themselves to be set off. And I am sure the pokers don't like this one bit. And will no doubt say I am imagining things. Maybe they don't even know they are doing it...
All views are my own
Alan de Robson

allwillbewell wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 15.52
allwillbewell wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 15.19

Yeah it's not political as such, just rather trying to provoke but I am glad no one has taken the bait.
Well, I can't see what purpose the post serves other than to try and provoke someone. All of these nit picking posts are little digs at people over trivial things. Like someone who keeps poking you. Obviously if you are in favour of the channel, they have the potential to provoke you. And I know he knows this. As many others do.

As I said on TFL, constructive criticisim is fine. Childish poking over and over again isn't. But it's far worse on twitter.
100% agreed.

However the current feeding frenzy on the thread by the Brekkie Cabal is reminiscent of the cesspit of righteous indignation, judgementalism, and cruelty of Twitter.

They don't like it. They don't want others to like it. And they'll try and drown all dissenting voices out with accusations that they like or are willing to give a chance a station which is racist, sexist, homophobic, etc and tar you as a poster by association.
allwillbewell

Alan de Robson wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 15.58

As I said on TFL, constructive criticisim is fine. Childish poking over and over again isn't. But it's far worse on twitter.
100% agreed.

However the current feeding frenzy on the thread by the Brekkie Cabal is reminiscent of the cesspit of righteous indignation, judgementalism, and cruelty of Twitter.

They don't like it. They don't want others to like it. And they'll try and drown all dissenting voices out with accusations that they like or are willing to give a chance a station which is racist, sexist, homophobic, etc and tar you as a poster by association.
It happens to all online spaces these days and in wider society. As I previously stated, I do not think it will end well. But I should perhaps remember my username "allwillbewell". I am confident common sense will prevail in the end. As for now I will just let them get on with it.
All views are my own
Alan de Robson

allwillbewell wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 16.26
Alan de Robson wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 15.58

100% agreed.

It happens to all online spaces these days and in wider society. As I previously stated, I do not think it will end well. But I should perhaps remember my username "allwillbewell". I am confident common sense will prevail in the end. As for now I will just let them get on with it.
When I first saw the channel, I thought it was a car crash. Before I was banned on TVLF, I expressed my concerns with its opening.

Mind you now, I have the feeling that it could actually be successful.

I can be political on this place but I saw the interview with Laurence Fox, the actor turned, well I'm not sure what he is now really. The only other time I heard him speak with on that infamous QT when, prior to that, I didn't know he was getting political because I don't frequent Twitter that much.

He said nothing particularly objectionable but the problem was that his way of thinking was not really challenged by Dan Wooton. I with someone more forensic had interviewed him for 40-45 minutes like they did with Rishi Sunak so I could get a feeling for Laurence Fox and to see if he had thoroughly tested his own ideas. It needs an Andrew Neil to do it.

Likewise, I would love to see GB News test Owen Jones, Femi_sorry, etc come on to defend their beliefs and try to convince me of them.

This channel, with the right interviewers and a range of guests from across the spectrum, could be wonderful.
Alan de Robson

Looks like the GB News thread has now finally been hijacked by politics.

What a pity.
MatthewOF

Alan de Robson wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 20.18 Looks like the GB News thread has now finally been hijacked by politics.

What a pity.
Examples? I'm seeing very occasional political post but majority aren't, banning of some members has helped, hope they don't restart when if return
allwillbewell

I am just observing, not that political but quite humorous watching what sarcastic comment they can come out with next. Granted some are reasonable and criticise when due and praise when deserved but the rest are after the kudos.
All views are my own
Alan de Robson

MatthewOF wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 20.37
Alan de Robson wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 20.18 Looks like the GB News thread has now finally been hijacked by politics.

What a pity.
Examples? I'm seeing very occasional political post but majority aren't, banning of some members has helped, hope they don't restart when if return
You are correct. Let me rephrase...

There are certain people on TVLF whose posting history strongly suggests that they disagree with what their idea of GB News is and stands for.

They are hijacking the thread with posts which are either political in nature or providing critical commentary on the content of the channel.

What makes their behaviour disruptive and seemingly against the rules is that they do not behave in the same way about their posting on other channels.

Is that better?
Humphrey Hacker

I've got to say that the tangents on the GB News thread are the wildest off-topic I've seen. Its a shame but sadly that seems to be the way of the world. (sigh)
TIGHazard

Humphrey Hacker wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 23.00 I've got to say that the tangents on the GB News thread are the wildest off-topic I've seen. Its a shame but sadly that seems to be the way of the world. (sigh)
Are you talking about what I put?

For all the talk about the clips of the mistakes going viral that normal people are noticing them - they don't seem to have made an impression - the channel wasn't mentioned once in that thread.