TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

Solari

DTV wrote: Sun 13 Jun, 2021 19.05
Martin Phillp wrote: Sun 13 Jun, 2021 15.59 I expect that like the London Live launch thread on TVF, it'll be a dud and then everyone moves on.
Maybe there should be a GB News presentation and GB News general thread - with nobody but those wanting an argument visiting the latter. It may violate the no political discussion rule, but such discussion is somewhat inevitable and it may be better to just provide an outlet and separate it from the actual pres talk.
I completely agree - maybe have the general thread on here?
DTV

DTV wrote: Sun 13 Jun, 2021 19.05 I agree it'll be a dud, although I expect it'll last a while.
I retract both of these statements. They were both far too optimistic.
DavidWhitfield

Philip wrote: Sun 13 Jun, 2021 19.41 Whilst Martin's post was against the rules, I thought the moderator David's response was strangely aggressive, and something which didn't need to be done publicly.
Philip, your comments are noted. Certainly not meant to come across aggressively. It wasn't the first time that the user in question was spoken to about political posts so I didn't have much choice but to issue a warning on this occasion, as much as I genuinely don't like doing it. Have spoken subsequently in more detail to the user privately and all is cordial and respectful.
Jonwo

I assume JK1985 is the poster formerly known as JKDerry from TVForum.

Also, This is UTV really needs to get over Julian and Gillian no longer being at UTV.
allwillbewell

I think I will come away from the GB News thread, James2001 and one or two others like to ignore your responses and then repeat themselve using different wording, trying to get a response and show someone up. Sorry mate it won't work. Once you have said your opinion a few times I think that is enough, and I shall impose that rule on myself. It is clear you don't want to have a discussion, just push your ideology, which will untimately fail.
All views are my own
Joe

Good heavens, I've not bothered going into that GB News thread at all, not pre-launch or post. I note VMPhil's point about politics being integral to any discussion of the channel but… I'm sure it's not a pleasant discussion to read.
Philip

Joe wrote: Tue 15 Jun, 2021 12.22 Good heavens, I've not bothered going into that GB News thread at all, not pre-launch or post. I note VMPhil's point about politics being integral to any discussion of the channel but… I'm sure it's not a pleasant discussion to read.
It’s actually been… OK. I think the technical side of it being much poorer than expected has dominated the discussion somewhat. Don’t get me wrong there’s a lot of discussion about the political aspect but it’s not as bad as I thought it would be.

I’m sure when they fix most of the big problems that it’ll get a lot worse, though.
MatthewOF

Joe wrote: Tue 15 Jun, 2021 12.22 Good heavens, I've not bothered going into that GB News thread at all, not pre-launch or post. I note VMPhil's point about politics being integral to any discussion of the channel but… I'm sure it's not a pleasant discussion to read.
Majority is about technical aspects and content which is interesting, usual suspects keep bringing politics in
allwillbewell

It will almost certainly get worse now as the tech issues are being resolved thankfully, people are going to whine and whine because they don't want to channel to be on air, purely because they do not agree with its viewpoint. Even going out of their way to try and get it closed. One must ask why.

If the channel seriously does something that is against the rules, then Ofcom will take action. There is no need for the Twitter mob thank you.

We must allow each other to air views, if the Guardian for example wanted to make a news channel, I would wish them luck. The same with James o"Brian on LBC, I don't agree with hardly anything he says but I would not want him to lose advertisers or be taken off air.

People like James2001 would do well to remember

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

And that works both ways. Take away that right and it will not end well. But I fear they will not stop until it is too late. To add I don't think the GB News thread is going to last much longer.
All views are my own
allwillbewell

Oh dear Jonnyboy banned. I guess he was on a warning and let Brekkie get to him. You should have just left the thread. Oh well hopefully maybe one day he can return?
All views are my own
rob

allwillbewell wrote: Tue 15 Jun, 2021 12.52 Oh dear Jonnyboy banned. I guess he was on a warning and let Brekkie get to him. You should have just left the thread. Oh well hopefully maybe one day he can return?
The ban is for 2 weeks as per forum policy. Any further breaches on his return and it'll be permanent.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am