TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

Philip

Jonwo wrote: Sun 20 Jun, 2021 22.15
DTV wrote: Sun 20 Jun, 2021 20.06 199 pages and nearly 3000 comments in one week, I do not envy the moderators of that thread.
I wonder how many of those comments were just from Brekkie? I find it odd that considering he is so opposed to GB News that he posts in it quite regularly.
I can think of at least one user (with a blue name) that has posted far more than Brekkie has.
Jamesypoo

Philip wrote: Sun 20 Jun, 2021 22.59
DTV wrote: Sun 20 Jun, 2021 20.06 199 pages and nearly 3000 comments in one week, I do not envy the moderators of that thread.
I wonder how many of those comments were just from Brekkie? I find it odd that considering he is so opposed to GB News that he posts in it quite regularly.
I can think of at least one user (with a blue name) that has posted far more than Brekkie has.
It's quite scary how much some people post to be honest. I mean Brekkie for example has made 1148 posts so far according to the member list. Over the days the forum's been going, thats over 13 posts a day on average, almost twice as the second highest poster - whose recent 2 week ban has made the place feel much quieter (or maybe that's just me).

Speaking of bans, I notice the warning system rules are being revised, with one particular diktat sticking out to me:
Moderators have the right to issue warnings for the following breach of rules:
  • questioning a moderator's decision in public, either on this forum or on other social media platforms.
Not sure if that's a new development in response to recent member vs admin public spats or has been there a while, but it does seem a bit extreme. For example, can we not remark on modding here without fear of reprimand over there?
AlfieMulcahy

Jamesypoo wrote: Mon 21 Jun, 2021 17.35
Philip wrote: Sun 20 Jun, 2021 22.59
It's quite scary how much some people post to be honest. I mean Brekkie for example has made 1148 posts so far according to the member list. Over the days the forum's been going, thats over 13 posts a day on average, almost twice as the second highest poster - whose recent 2 week ban has made the place feel much quieter (or maybe that's just me).

Speaking of bans, I notice the warning system rules are being revised, with one particular diktat sticking out to me:
  • questioning a moderator's decision in public, either on this forum or on other social media platforms.
Not sure if that's a new development in response to recent member vs admin public spats or has been there a while, but it does seem a bit extreme. For example, can we not remark on modding here without fear of reprimand over there?
1 in 20 of all posts on TVL Forum are by him.
DTV

AlfieMulcahy wrote: Mon 21 Jun, 2021 17.58 1 in 20 of all posts on TVL Forum are by him.
This made me wonder what share of posts are concerning GB News - 13.5% (nearly 1 in 7) if just taking the post-launch thread; 18.0% (about 2 in 11) if including the pre-launch thread.

Also, despite accounting for 51% of posts on the first page of the News board, the post-launch GB News thread makes up just 33% of the views. It is, unsurpisingly, a relatively insular thread which seems to be largely visited by those who comment on it - which should hopefully contain some of the toxicity.
rob

It's always been in the rules that general questions about moderation and the forum rules in public discussion threads are OK, it's the reason this thread exists after all. :)

Following recent bannings though, certain members have taken to other "chat sites" and social media to declare their disgust at being banned, and some of the comments have offended me. James Martin accusing me (and Asa) on Twitter of having "shit" on Brekkie without having anything to back it up was out of order.

The new guidance is sort of designed to discourage that kind of behaviour if a user is banned. I do think the wording needs to be improved on that one though, and I'll review that in the next couple of days.

I have so far read every single comment in this thread, and have taken on board everything that has been said. I'm happy to hear your comments and criticisms, I've done so here with good grace and humour, without losing my temper or lashing out. The last few days have been really good though, the recent bans seem to have restored the positive atmosphere that I've been craving for the forum from the start. I just hope that when said users return next week, they can maintain the status quo.

Oh, and the new moderator will hopefully be announced tomorrow.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
all new Phil

Am I the only person not interested in whatever a trundle cam is?
Alan de Robson

rob wrote: Mon 21 Jun, 2021 18.54Oh, and the new moderator will hopefully be announced tomorrow.
Fingers crossed!

:-)
WillPS

rob wrote: Mon 21 Jun, 2021 18.54
It's always been in the rules that general questions about moderation and the forum rules in public discussion threads are OK, it's the reason this thread exists after all. :)

Following recent bannings though, certain members have taken to other "chat sites" and social media to declare their disgust at being banned, and some of the comments have offended me. James Martin accusing me (and Asa) on Twitter of having "shit" on Brekkie without having anything to back it up was out of order.

The new guidance is sort of designed to discourage that kind of behaviour if a user is banned. I do think the wording needs to be improved on that one though, and I'll review that in the next couple of days.

I have so far read every single comment in this thread, and have taken on board everything that has been said. I'm happy to hear your comments and criticisms, I've done so here with good grace and humour, without losing my temper or lashing out. The last few days have been really good though, the recent bans seem to have restored the positive atmosphere that I've been craving for the forum from the start. I just hope that when said users return next week, they can maintain the status quo.
Bang out of order making wild accusations without any evidence Rob, I quite agree.
bilky asko

The new moderator is the award-winning Worzel.
Jonny

bilky asko wrote: Tue 22 Jun, 2021 07.37 The new moderator is the award-winning Worzel.
Their first action will surely be to banish those gaps between the forum topic tiles.
all new Phil

Jonny wrote: Tue 22 Jun, 2021 11.40
bilky asko wrote: Tue 22 Jun, 2021 07.37 The new moderator is the award-winning Worzel.
Their first action will surely be to banish those gaps between the forum topic tiles.
I’m sure a quick purge of the temp files will sort that.