TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

all new Phil

AxiosBrit67 wrote:
DTV wrote:
Schwing wrote: It’s not a “fun debate”. It’s important. We live in era of “fake news” and some people herein cannot be bothered to think before they post or do a little bit of research. I can’t quite believe I’m saying this but Google it. Search for “BBC” and search for “difference between corporation and company”. Search for “UK company law”.
I don't doubt that it is important, I am just not sure whether the right place to discuss it is in the New BBC Logo thread. Referring to it as a fun debate, for which I was clearly being somewhat facetious, was merely a light-hearted attempt to move the thread back towards the topic after over a page worth of posts discussing the finer points of British corporate law.
For someone who want discuss the corporate law, Metropol is the right place.
Ok then who’s going to start the OFFICIAL Corporate Law thread?
allwillbewell

I really couldn't tell if James2001 was being funny with the flag comment or not.
All views are my own
GhostFromTVF

DTV wrote:

I don't doubt that it is important, I am just not sure whether the right place to discuss it is in the New BBC Logo thread. Referring to it as a fun debate, for which I was clearly being somewhat facetious, was merely a light-hearted attempt to move the thread back towards the topic after over a page worth of posts discussing the finer points of British corporate law.
I love how we also go from corporate law to the mods are suffocating debate.

bilky asko

GhostFromTVF wrote: Fri 23 Jul, 2021 17.55
DTV wrote:

I love how we also go from corporate law to the mods are suffocating debate.

I have only just read the post in question, I'd understand their consternation a little bit if they'd not made several errors in their post.

Still, I think the response from the moderators - to ignore the attention-seeking 'delete my account' plea - is probably the appropriate one.
Jonwo

steely12’s faux concern about BBC Breakfast is quite irritating.
GhostFromTVF

Jonwo wrote: Sat 24 Jul, 2021 16.45 steely12’s faux concern about BBC Breakfast is quite irritating.
I’m fairly certain that they’re Custard56 from the blue place, who had the exact same act.
thegeek

UTVLifer is JKDerry, right?
GhostFromTVF

thegeek wrote: Sun 25 Jul, 2021 11.11 UTVLifer is JKDerry, right?
Nope, JK1985 is JKDerry.
all new Phil

Seems to be a lot of catastrophising over really insignificant things over there at the moment. I mean, yeah I know there’s always been a bit of that but it’s never gone so far into calling broadcasters incompetent because a clock hasn’t appeared or a picture in listings that nobody ever reads hasn’t been updated. It’s getting quite tiring.
iSon

Oh I know. I mean, there's always been a flair for the dramatic but some of the recent examples are just ridiculous.

If an animated DOG is 1 on the TV Live Forum drama scale and Andy Murray barging the BBC1 schedule out of the way is 10, we're definitely now at the catastrophic cancellation of Look North's sofa challenge (11).
Good Lord!
all new Phil

iSon wrote: Sun 25 Jul, 2021 12.13 Oh I know. I mean, there's always been a flair for the dramatic but some of the recent examples are just ridiculous.

If an animated DOG is 1 on the TV Live Forum drama scale and Andy Murray barging the BBC1 schedule out of the way is 10, we're definitely now at the catastrophic cancellation of Look North's sofa challenge (11).
I’d forgotten all about the Look North sofa challenge drama. Dark days. Thanks, you’ve put me in a right bad mood now.