TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

onetrickpony

Philip wrote: Sat 03 Apr, 2021 16.14
onetrickpony wrote: Sat 03 Apr, 2021 16.13 They could have come back under a different name as I did.
Yes, I think most of the members mentioned came back under various different names before being found out (or possibly not).
It is possible not to be caught out if you just behaved. I emailed Asa last year to confess and got my proper name back.
JAS84

Well it didn't take long for someone to get banned, I see. Two weeks for constant spamming in a gallery thread.
https://tvliveforum.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 0&start=45
rob

JAS84 wrote: Sun 04 Apr, 2021 04.54 Well it didn't take long for someone to get banned, I see. Two weeks for constant spamming in a gallery thread.
2 or 3 posts in a row I can understand in some situations, but NINE? No thank you... besides, he was already warned earlier in the week for nuisance posts.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
JetixFann450

rob wrote: Sun 04 Apr, 2021 11.41
JAS84 wrote: Sun 04 Apr, 2021 04.54 Well it didn't take long for someone to get banned, I see. Two weeks for constant spamming in a gallery thread.
2 or 3 posts in a row I can understand in some situations, but NINE? No thank you... besides, he was already warned earlier in the week for nuisance posts.
Not to mention he apparently is... 12. I could swear the minimum age for these sites is 13.
Member of Pres Cafe who occasionally pops in and out.
Martin Phillp

Glad to see the forum didn't go down after a posting blitz on the Prince Philip Obit thread.
TVF's London Lite.
Philip

Although the active members list for each forum seems to have broken - it just says me and guests (the overall active members list is still working on the homepage).
JAS84

Martin Phillp wrote: Fri 09 Apr, 2021 22.57 Glad to see the forum didn't go down after a posting blitz on the Prince Philip Obit thread.
Yeah, we know that the servers can cope with any demand, thankfully. Nobody wants connection issues on a big news day.
Whataday

Are there any settings I need to change on my account to make the time right?
Philip

Whataday wrote: Sat 10 Apr, 2021 12.36 Are there any settings I need to change on my account to make the time right?
Go to the board preferences page: https://tvliveforum.com/ucp.php?i=179

Select UTC+01:00 (there may be a suggestion button you can just click on to set this)

In the box underneath change it to Europe/London.
dosxuk

Martin Phillp wrote: Fri 09 Apr, 2021 22.57 Glad to see the forum didn't go down after a posting blitz on the Prince Philip Obit thread.
Sorry Rob, but that thread is not a good advert for the site.

I'm going to ignore the stream-of-conciousness mega thread issues, with everyone posting one sentence posts overlapping with each other, but only because that's a challenge with any major news event (but seriously, that should have been split up into separate threads for the different broadcasters and the complaints about different aspects).

But the last 24 hours has gone very digital spy, with the usual suspects complaining about the licence fee, whether the BBC will survive and a whole load of nastiness that has had to be removed. You've also got the kids asking about what happened when somebody died in the past, people posting mocks and edited clips as if they're real, someone else even asked a question about "if the Queen dies" and a whole load of people disagreeing about factual things posted by those known to be working for major broadcasters.
rob

dosxuk wrote: Sun 11 Apr, 2021 12.38
Sorry Rob, but that thread is not a good advert for the site.

I'm going to ignore the stream-of-conciousness mega thread issues, with everyone posting one sentence posts overlapping with each other, but only because that's a challenge with any major news event (but seriously, that should have been split up into separate threads for the different broadcasters and the complaints about different aspects).

But the last 24 hours has gone very digital spy, with the usual suspects complaining about the licence fee, whether the BBC will survive and a whole load of nastiness that has had to be removed. You've also got the kids asking about what happened when somebody died in the past, people posting mocks and edited clips as if they're real, someone else even asked a question about "if the Queen dies" and a whole load of people disagreeing about factual things posted by those known to be working for major broadcasters.
I appreciate your comments, and I am in agreement with you in part.

I think the megathread has been useful in keeping everything under one roof, and not having 5 or 6 seperate threads for each development.

Some of the comments have been out of order, my moderators and I have been making a good effort to try and rein the conversation in. Several members have also been told privately to improve their conduct.

This is all a learning curve. We'll make mistakes, things won't go to plan, but we'll learn from it. The site is only 13 days old after all...

Again, thank you for your comments.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am