TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

DTV

It's a bit like those users who tease that they have certain music packages and then act surprised when they get a deluge of PMs asking for them. If you tease anything that other forumers would clearly be interested in, I think you have to accept you will get some members asking for more. I semi-regularly get younger members PMing me asking for me to send them my entire SketchUp back catalogue. It can be annoying, but I politely decline to do so and they usually move on.
all new Phil

Oh great, it’s that semi regular feature of tv shows that went horribly wrong.
barcode

5..4...3... it will end with Tommy Cooper something else and then it will end up like this:

https://tvforum.uk/tvhome/accidents-live-tv-46802
james2001

all new Phil wrote: Mon 20 Sep, 2021 21.05 Oh great, it’s that semi regular feature of tv shows that went horribly wrong.
And I think Cassia Tuna is the member who posted footage of things like Tommy Cooper and Ayrton Senna's death on the blue place when this subject came up before (I think maybe Budd Dwyer's was among those they posted too, but I'm not 100% sure on that one), so need to keep an eye out if they post to the thread (thankfully they haven't so far) and what they posts if they do.
bilky asko

james2001 wrote: Mon 20 Sep, 2021 17.39 You find yourself wondering if they're making the fact they've seen things up to get attention. After all, you can't get them to prove otherwise, particularly when they're not giving us any hints of what we can expect to see or when to see it.
Considering one of the members involved is the first result on Google for a search their first name, I find it unlikely they'd want their name associated with lying.
allwillbewell

bilky asko wrote: Tue 21 Sep, 2021 07.42
james2001 wrote: Mon 20 Sep, 2021 17.39 You find yourself wondering if they're making the fact they've seen things up to get attention. After all, you can't get them to prove otherwise, particularly when they're not giving us any hints of what we can expect to see or when to see it.
Considering one of the members involved is the first result on Google for a search their first name, I find it unlikely they'd want their name associated with lying.
That could be anyone. Two people with the same name could work at the same place. And it's not like sites like Linkedin have verification. Any one could say they work anywhere and unless they are high profile no one would be any the wiser. One of the reasons I hate social media. Besides I don't think anyone has been fibbing directly, it's more hinting.....
All views are my own
bilky asko

allwillbewell wrote: Tue 21 Sep, 2021 17.32
That could be anyone. Two people with the same name could work at the same place. And it's not like sites like Linkedin have verification. Any one could say they work anywhere and unless they are high profile no one would be any the wiser. One of the reasons I hate social media. Besides I don't think anyone has been fibbing directly, it's more hinting.....
It would be an extraordinary coincidence if so.
james2001

The way some posters are determined to belittle and sneer at posters that don't agree with their opinion on the new BBC logo (whether they like it or not) is getting incredibly tedious.
allwillbewell

bilky asko wrote: Wed 22 Sep, 2021 19.00
allwillbewell wrote: Tue 21 Sep, 2021 17.32

It would be an extraordinary coincidence if so.
The logo has now been sighted (as officially being used on stuff), so looks like the poster was being sincere!
All views are my own
JetixFann450

james2001 wrote: Thu 23 Sep, 2021 12.38 The way some posters are determined to belittle and sneer at posters that don't agree with their opinion on the new BBC logo (whether they like it or not) is getting incredibly tedious.
Over a blooming logo of all things to get mad at other's opinions for. Honestly, I'm glad Rob stepped in to literally tell them off about it, especially considering those verified are getting constantly harassed and asked the same questions like "What does BBC One look like?" and "What is the sound design of [insert BBC brand here]"

Patience is a virtue. Unfortunately, some users seem to forget that.
Member of Pres Cafe who occasionally pops in and out.
james2001

Can't believe Rob makes a post telling people not to belittle people, and the person who actually made the post that triggered Rob's warning gave it a kudos...