TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

Humphrey Hacker

TIGHazard wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 23.09
Humphrey Hacker wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 23.00 I've got to say that the tangents on the GB News thread are the wildest off-topic I've seen. Its a shame but sadly that seems to be the way of the world. (sigh)
Are you talking about what I put?

For all the talk about the clips of the mistakes going viral that normal people are noticing them - they don't seem to have made an impression - the channel wasn't mentioned once in that thread.
No, I'm talking in general. Yes the mistakes have slightly detracted from the launch but the bile that the station has attracted.
Jonwo

I'm not that keen on Brekkie as a poster but it's a bit extreme to describe his posts as a Cabal. I think that he's the sort of person who has strong views and like to tell everyone about it even if they really don't want to hear it.

I do agree that he along with others would benefit from taking a break from forums or anything to do with politics and news. I see people on social media who I wonder if they have much going on in their personal life if all they're doing is posting and retweeting things from journalists and political activists rather than posting about their latest day out or something they've watched.
Martin Phillp

It's toned down a level since JM went on his enforced break, but without mentioning him in a previous post on this thread I also felt that Brekkie should take a break as well.

What they both have in common is their inability not to shoehorn politics into a post. JM the other day with his references to Trump which he has the right to have, but not on a supposedly political free forum, while Brekkie does the same for the other side.

I think we can all agree that both Brekkie and JM when they're not posting polar opposite political views can provide constructive and enjoyable posts to the debate, but you don't hear me screaming that I'm a member of the Lib Dems in every other post.
TVF's London Lite.
Jonwo

Martin Phillp wrote: Fri 18 Jun, 2021 00.43 It's toned down a level since JM went on his enforced break, but without mentioning him in a previous post on this thread I also felt that Brekkie should take a break as well.

What they both have in common is their inability not to shoehorn politics into a post. JM the other day with his references to Trump which he has the right to have, but not on a supposedly political free forum, while Brekkie does the same for the other side.

I think we can all agree that both Brekkie and JM when they're not posting polar opposite political views can provide constructive and enjoyable posts to the debate, but you don't hear me screaming that I'm a member of the Lib Dems in every other post.
I've said this before but Brekkie and JM are the sort of people that I would end up unfriending or blocking on social media because there is only so much one person can take with politics on a regular basis before it just a chore to read.
bilky asko

An application form has appeared for a new moderator overnight; I suppose this thread is probably the prime location for people who'd like to do the job.
Pete

BTW if you think i haven't noticed people using this thread as a proxy for the GB News thread you're mistaken. so stop it.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Alan de Robson

Pete wrote: Fri 18 Jun, 2021 09.20 BTW if you think i haven't noticed people using this thread as a proxy for the GB News thread you're mistaken. so stop it.
Don't you think this is more of a meta-discussion - a discussion about the discussion of GB News on the other place?

As far as I can see, no-one has mentioned pres, etc, really on this thread.
thegeek

Alan de Robson wrote: Fri 18 Jun, 2021 12.27
Pete wrote: Fri 18 Jun, 2021 09.20 BTW if you think i haven't noticed people using this thread as a proxy for the GB News thread you're mistaken. so stop it.
Don't you think this is more of a meta-discussion - a discussion about the discussion of GB News on the other place?

As far as I can see, no-one has mentioned pres, etc, really on this thread.
Maybe we need a spin-off TV Live Forum GB News Thread News and Information Board thread.
Andrew

Brekkie’s comment telling people not to “call out” minor issues with GB News because it distracts from bigger issues sounds a bit agenda driven to me, as if to say stop mentioning sound and camera faults as it means people are talking about that rather than focussing on the right wing content
Alan de Robson

Andrew wrote: Fri 18 Jun, 2021 13.32 Brekkie’s comment telling people not to “call out” minor issues with GB News because it distracts from bigger issues sounds a bit agenda driven to me, as if to say stop mentioning sound and camera faults as it means people are talking about that rather than focussing on the right wing content
Brekkie...with an agenda...which he is free to pursue with impunity?

NOOOOO!!!!!! Never!
Philip

Andrew wrote: Fri 18 Jun, 2021 13.32 Brekkie’s comment telling people not to “call out” minor issues with GB News because it distracts from bigger issues sounds a bit agenda driven to me, as if to say stop mentioning sound and camera faults as it means people are talking about that rather than focussing on the right wing content
This is quite the stretch even for Metropol.