TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

Jonwo

There does seem to be people on the internet who want to force their political views onto everything whether it's forums or Twitter and there comes a point where even the most patience and tolerant person has had enough and mutes them for their own sanity!

Although I'm clearly not patient as I tend to mute anyone who uses social media to regularly complain to people or companies!
all new Phil

Well that whole Martin Bashir thread is like something straight out of DS…
Martin Phillp

all new Phil wrote: Sat 22 May, 2021 10.45 Well that whole Martin Bashir thread is like something straight out of DS…
Complete with people pushing their own political agenda, not disguised either.
TVF's London Lite.
Philip

Whilst some of Brekkie's posts can be overtly political, I think some of the most recent ones, as Jon has rightly said in the thread, wouldn't have passed much comment if it wasn't for the overzealous reporting and criticism of his most recent posts which are really quite harmless.

Labelling long-time posters as "spammers" is just nasty.

Still, I take some joy in the irony of some of those saying Brekkie should be/will be banned are… banned TVF members.

Also, those saying that members have made their mind up about the channel before it has launched. How can you not, when you look at Andrew Neil's Twitter feed? It's all there. When I search for GB News on Google, this headline is on one the first that pops up. As Martin says in the thread over on TVLF, there is a reason for the existence of this channel, and it's not apolitical. I wonder if it would be better off having the GB News thread on here instead.

Meanwhile, we have ridiculously OTT posts in the Martin Bashir thread, where those criticising other posters for being overtly political in the GB News thread, are themselves being overtly political.

EDIT: Apologies, it was Jon's post I was referring to, not bilky's.
Martin Phillp

Philip wrote: Sat 22 May, 2021 17.53Meanwhile, we have ridiculously OTT posts in the Martin Bashir thread with those criticising other posters for being overtly political in the GB News thread, are themselves being overtly political.
It shows how hard it's going to be for Rob and co to moderate the Bashir and GB News threads from Monday when they're so intertwined with politics. The Bashir story fits into the supposed GB News narrative of the BBC being bloated and non-accountable, while GB News itself isn't doing itself any favours with certain hirings and language coming out from some of their talent which only reasserts the narrative among those who are unlikely to watch it in the first place.
TVF's London Lite.
allwillbewell

It's getting into conspiracy in the Diana thread. Tv forums do attract some weird and wonderful characters.
All views are my own
Jonwo

allwillbewell wrote: Sat 22 May, 2021 23.41 It's getting into conspiracy in the Diana thread. Tv forums do attract some weird and wonderful characters.
I am convinced Cassia Tuna is BM11 under a new moniker.
Charlie Wells

Jonwo wrote: Sat 22 May, 2021 23.45
allwillbewell wrote: Sat 22 May, 2021 23.41 It's getting into conspiracy in the Diana thread. Tv forums do attract some weird and wonderful characters.
I am convinced Cassia Tuna is BM11 under a new moniker.
They certain like their hyperboles. Interesting skimming through the old TVF thread regarding the Cliff Richard Court case https://tvforum.uk/thenewsroom/cliff-ri ... case-43544 for most recent comparison.
"If ass holes could fly then this place would be an airport."
WillPS

Practical suggestion. Close the News board and/or limit discussion of news to the graphics and on screen presentation only; specifically ban discussion of journalism/journalists completely.
Jonwo

James Martin is taking the UK's Eurovision failure a tad too seriously.
Martin Phillp

Jonwo wrote: Thu 27 May, 2021 16.10 James Martin is taking the UK's Eurovision failure a tad too seriously.
The less than subliminal political references towards the BBC don't help either.
TVF's London Lite.