TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

allwillbewell

Philip wrote: Sun 05 Sep, 2021 16.47 I notice that AllWillBeWell's account - a verified/blue name member who robustly defended GB News - has been deleted.
Hello, "who robustly defended GB News" I think that is a bit over the top and not really accurate. I defended the right of the channel to exist. But clearly you missed several of my posts calling the channel a failure in its current form. Some of the debates about the channel, were and still are skewed. Let's be sensible. Several members had to have a virtual bucket of cold water thrown over them by the admins to calm them down at times. The best example of this was when a member claimed a GB News presenter was a disgrace or something of that nature for doing a news paper review and moving on from a sad story and ending with a positive one. I mean it was just ridiculous and silly. But also comical.

I thought it was better to be a lurker especially considering some of the posts were really winding me up. (although the current BBC Logo thread is typical TV forum!) Rather than say something I regret. I did ask for my account to be deleted here but I assume the rules prevent it, but perhaps thankful as it has allowed me to correct inaccurate claims! I wish the forum every success and still visit everyday.

All views are my own
Pete

allwillbewell wrote: Tue 07 Sep, 2021 11.55 I did ask for my account to be deleted here but I assume the rules prevent it
did you?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
rob

allwillbewell wrote: Tue 07 Sep, 2021 11.55 Several members had to have a virtual bucket of cold water thrown over them by the admins to calm them down at times.
*adds this to list of things to add to the next forum update*
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
allwillbewell

Pete wrote: Tue 07 Sep, 2021 15.09
allwillbewell wrote: Tue 07 Sep, 2021 11.55 I did ask for my account to be deleted here but I assume the rules prevent it
did you?
Well I sent a message to someone called Pete but maybe it was another Pete. But besides might as well leave this active no bother.
All views are my own
Philip

allwillbewell wrote: Tue 07 Sep, 2021 11.55
Philip wrote: Sun 05 Sep, 2021 16.47 I notice that AllWillBeWell's account - a verified/blue name member who robustly defended GB News - has been deleted.
Hello, "who robustly defended GB News" I think that is a bit over the top and not really accurate.
It was based on the fact that you posted in that thread really quite a lot in the days following the launch, the majority of the time defending criticism of the channel from other posters, so I thought it was quite accurate. It wasn't intended as an insult.
allwillbewell

Philip wrote: Tue 07 Sep, 2021 17.39
allwillbewell wrote: Tue 07 Sep, 2021 11.55
Hello, "who robustly defended GB News" I think that is a bit over the top and not really accurate.
It was based on the fact that you posted in that thread really quite a lot in the days following the launch, the majority of the time defending criticism of the channel from other posters, so I thought it was quite accurate. It wasn't intended as an insult.
That's fine, but that ignores all of my posts with criticism which were also posted. Even before the channel launched I was critical of the set design. On the whole I defended the channel, I don't deny it. I will continue to watch the GB News thread with great interest! I think it is just important that people know not everyone in the industry thinks the same way, as is sometimes suggested. But anyway it is all swings and roundabouts at the end of the day. Thanks for the discussions.
All views are my own
Critique

A new thread called 'BBC World News Studio Refresh' when the only thing that's been announced is that the backdrop behind the presenters is changing is PEAK TV (Live) Forum.
james2001

Anyone else get Akinbola vibes from "I Miss Sky One"?
rob

james2001 wrote: Sun 12 Sep, 2021 13.38 Anyone else get Akinbola vibes from "I Miss Sky One"?
Thanks for the heads-up. Looks as if "I Miss Sky One" is posting under a second account, the IP address matches another user with the same posting style.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
all new Phil

Critique wrote: Fri 10 Sep, 2021 19.38 A new thread called 'BBC World News Studio Refresh' when the only thing that's been announced is that the backdrop behind the presenters is changing is PEAK TV (Live) Forum.
Wait till you see the ITV Be petition.
Philip

all new Phil wrote: Sun 12 Sep, 2021 15.44
Critique wrote: Fri 10 Sep, 2021 19.38 A new thread called 'BBC World News Studio Refresh' when the only thing that's been announced is that the backdrop behind the presenters is changing is PEAK TV (Live) Forum.
Wait till you see the ITV Be petition.
It’s gotten to the point where I dread any new member joining… as it usually seems to be a child who posts a load of nonsense initially before calming down. I know, I know, I was one of those once, and I can deal with one or two. But there seem to be lots at the moment. Maybe I just need to take a break from the place.