TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

Dr Lobster*

I think I've missed that (don't venture too often in the news forum) - what has been going on?
rob

james2001 wrote: Sun 01 Aug, 2021 12.21 Much better atmosphere with them gone though, especially the GB News thread which is a lot less antagonistic.
I'll agree with you on that one, since his departure, the vibe has really improved.

Don't worry about the lockdown on the news forum, I'll re-open it shortly. The logging out issue has been a problem for months, I'll have to look into it further.

For the first time, I'll very happily admit that I've been struggling to cope with you know who's abusive posts on social media. I don't deserve any of the criticisms that have been sent my way, as I have done absolutely nothing wrong. It's my forum at the end of the day, and I'll run it the way I see fit.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Laura-1

rob wrote: Sun 01 Aug, 2021 16.02 For the first time, I'll very happily admit that I've been struggling to cope with you know who's abusive posts on social media.
You should not let abusive posts get to you, its a few words on the internet, totally worthless,

Now look at the positives it can bring...
  • If everyone says look at this amazing forum come join it - people won't.
  • If someone is posting crap comments about the forum - people will visit it just to be nosy and may end up joining.
  • Very quickly people will realise that the person posting the abusive comments is twit and will agree with your decision to ban them.
  • The more crap they post on social media, the more free advertising the forum is getting.
With forums you are always going to get someone who constantly posts provocative comments, if they post an opinion and people don't agree with it, they'll keep making the same point just phrasing it differently to provoke more people, it's called flaming, they'll also try to takeover threads which is called thread hijacking.

The same kind of people that do this are often obsessed with "post count" they think if they can get into the top 3 posters (currently on here the top one has "7502" posts) that other members will respect their opinion more or feel inferior to them - kind of a Billy Big Bollocks attitude.

Yes it's sad and yes you'd think they'd have something better to do with their time but that's life.

Xenforo has a great mod for this which limits the amount of posts a user can make per day, phpBB doesn't have such a thing but the groups and permissions are very handy... the best way to handle the characters I've just mentioned is to temporarily place them into a group which requires their posts to be approved by a moderator, if they improve the quality of their posts they are then allowed to post without approval... but until then - they stay in the posts require approval group.

Just my 2 cents.
rob

Laura-1 wrote: Sun 01 Aug, 2021 17.59 Xenforo has a great mod for this which limits the amount of posts a user can make per day, phpBB doesn't have such a thing but the groups and permissions are very handy...
I was looking at Xenforo when setting up the forum initially, but then I gasped at the cost of it. phpBB is a great piece of software, although it does have its limitations. I'm always looking to improve it though.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Ronnie Rowlands

So TV Forum closed?

(Sorry I've not really been on for nine years so there's quite a lot to wade through!)
Ronnie is victorious, vivacious in victory like a venomous dog. Vile Republicans cease living while the religious retort with rueful rhetoric. These rank thugs resort to violence and swear revenge.

But Ronnie can punch through steel so they lose anyway.
Philip

Wow, what a blast from the past. Hi Ronnie!

I still remember annoying you on your online radio show by jokingly suggesting you play High School Musical. So, sorry for that.
Ronnie Rowlands

Philip wrote: Mon 02 Aug, 2021 21.09 Wow, what a blast from the past. Hi Ronnie!

I still remember annoying you on your online radio show by jokingly suggesting you play High School Musical. So, sorry for that.
That is quite alright, but only by virtue of the fact that I have absolutely zero recollection of this, so clearly it hasn't traumatised me! To be honest, all I really remember about this place is the bloke with the TV channel codes and everyone saying 'tsk' a lot.
Ronnie is victorious, vivacious in victory like a venomous dog. Vile Republicans cease living while the religious retort with rueful rhetoric. These rank thugs resort to violence and swear revenge.

But Ronnie can punch through steel so they lose anyway.
Jonwo

Is it bad that I was happy that JK1985 was called out on his clueless comments about Dancing on Ice’s safety protocols.
tightrope78

I’d avoided the new place since it started as I’d become very weary of TVForum in its dying days, mostly due to Brekkie bullying everyone. I’d decide to dip in for the Olympics as I was keen to catch up on the pres chat. I wish I hadn’t. Brekkie is as bad as ever, and getting worse. He really needs to have his number of daily ports curtailed!
all new Phil

tightrope78 wrote: Fri 06 Aug, 2021 16.20 I’d avoided the new place since it started as I’d become very weary of TVForum in its dying days, mostly due to Brekkie bullying everyone. I’d decide to dip in for the Olympics as I was keen to catch up on the pres chat. I wish I hadn’t. Brekkie is as bad as ever, and getting worse. He really needs to have his number of daily ports curtailed!
Re Brekkie - is it just me that doesn’t see it? He seems… alright?
allwillbewell

thecorrector is a baiter. End.
All views are my own