TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

Dr Lobster*

Cando wrote: Sun 11 Jul, 2021 13.42 Genuinely funny about how casual racist you can be and "Rob" will ignore but call it out... banned.

Tv forum come back please
To be fair Cando, your conduct in the thread has been far from perfect - trying to derail the conversation by accusing those you don’t agree with as lacking a chromosome.

If you are trolling, fair enough, if that is your natural response, then a hypothetical discussion about the BBC is a very strange topic to get worked up about.
Laura-1

bilky asko wrote: Sun 11 Jul, 2021 16.20
Cando wrote: Sun 11 Jul, 2021 13.42 Genuinely funny about how casual racist you can be and "Rob" will ignore but call it out... banned.

On one side of the argument, if the racist posts were never reported then it's not surprising no action has resulted from them.

On the other, it's perhaps indicative of an all white, all male moderation team that it's not proactively dealt with.

I find it racist that people assume white people don't recognise racism, it can also be seen as justifying it.

I don't measure whether or not a moderator is racist by which other members posts he removes etc, I measure it on the language he uses in his own posts.
allwillbewell

What’s the content of the post in question?

To add Brekkie and co trying to turn the forum into a domestic violence refuge must be one of the top highlights so far. I understand it’s real and serious issue, but a tv forum isn’t the place. Reeks of virtual signalling.
All views are my own
bilky asko

Laura-1 wrote: Sun 11 Jul, 2021 22.48I find it racist that people assume white people don't recognise racism, it can also be seen as justifying it.
Good for you, it's nothing to do with what I posted though.
all new Phil

I thought rota talk was dull, but the tv shows that moved channel thread is next level tedium.
MatthewOF

all new Phil wrote: Mon 12 Jul, 2021 08.03 I thought rota talk was dull, but the tv shows that moved channel thread is next level tedium.
Thread on old site had 121 replies so it can go on for a while. Luckily you can ignore. I think moaning about people talking about what they find interesting even more tedious.
allwillbewell

It would appear the accusation of racism was false. Part hearsay and part over reaction based on TVL posts.
All views are my own
all new Phil

MatthewOF wrote: Mon 12 Jul, 2021 12.46
all new Phil wrote: Mon 12 Jul, 2021 08.03 I thought rota talk was dull, but the tv shows that moved channel thread is next level tedium.
Thread on old site had 121 replies so it can go on for a while. Luckily you can ignore. I think moaning about people talking about what they find interesting even more tedious.
But it’s not interesting. It’s a collection of posters saying that x programme moved from one channel to another, with very little discussion. And I think moaning about people moaning about people talking about tedious stuff is very tedious indeed.
MatthewOF

all new Phil wrote: Tue 13 Jul, 2021 01.38
MatthewOF wrote: Mon 12 Jul, 2021 12.46
But it’s not interesting. It’s a collection of posters saying that x programme moved from one channel to another, with very little discussion. And I think moaning about people moaning about people talking about tedious stuff is very tedious indeed.
Doesn't matter whether you find it interesting because you can ignore it. Many users contributed to old thread so like the topic.
wells

The thing is the original thread had a bit of a purpose and was related to the news Eggheads had jumped ship to Channel 5 and it had kind of run its course as there is only finite amount of shows it applies to. Whereas the thread on TVLF seems to be just for the sake of it with the OP not even adding any new ideas the discussion.
MatthewOF

wells wrote: Tue 13 Jul, 2021 21.57 The thing is the original thread had a bit of a purpose and was related to the news Eggheads had jumped ship to Channel 5 and it had kind of run its course as there is only finite amount of shows it applies to. Whereas the thread on TVLF seems to be just for the sake of it with the OP not even adding any new ideas the discussion.
The thread is relevant to the forum and doesn't break any rules so I can't see any reason for the mods to do anything, let it live and die naturally and if you don't like it ignore.