TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

james2001

I'm not sure why he's so bothered, it's not like bans have stopped him setting up countless sockpuppet accounts both here and on TVF.

It's fair to imagine even if he's permabanned, he'll be back repeatedly.
dosxuk

allwillbewell wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 00.13 I think it's only fair that TV geeks speculate.
There's speculation about what the issues might be, such as having automation overriding decisions, or that delaying the launch to allow for more rehearsals would have helped identify the problems; and then there's...
Or perhaps the Discovery staff have taken over as "pilots" until GBN staff can get up to scratch.
Or
If the bosses are serious about the channel, they will currently be employing more experience staff to be there constantly and keep the channel running up to standard. Along with some new mics.

You get experience in before you launch to build systems that will work and make it go smoothly, not after everything's gone wrong. And I'm yet to see (hear) any evidence that there's any issues with the actual microphones.
allwillbewell

dosxuk wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 12.48
allwillbewell wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 00.13 I think it's only fair that TV geeks speculate.
There's speculation about what the issues might be, such as having automation overriding decisions, or that delaying the launch to allow for more rehearsals would have helped identify the problems; and then there's...
Or perhaps the Discovery staff have taken over as "pilots" until GBN staff can get up to scratch.
Or
If the bosses are serious about the channel, they will currently be employing more experience staff to be there constantly and keep the channel running up to standard. Along with some new mics.

You get experience in before you launch to build systems that will work and make it go smoothly, not after everything's gone wrong. And I'm yet to see (hear) any evidence that there's any issues with the actual microphones.
I think a lot of people (including me) assumed at first the tech must be broken, but now it's becoming clearer it might just be that people are not skilled enough to use it. Again we can assume the channel was launched too fast. Not a reflection on the pilots but the people at the top, but hardly anything new.
All views are my own
Alan de Robson

Mmm...

Brekkie and blobs in the last 24 hours are repeatedly bringing politics into their postings.

I know I broke the rules by hectoring other members for breaking the rules and I was rightly punished. I was warned multiple times and I can not deny that.

I do wonder though how they're not falling foul of the rules. Admittedly, not every one of their posts is about politics but none of them should be about politics.

confused.com but still want to come back in 2 weeks if TVLF will have me.
allwillbewell

Alan de Robson wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 12.57 Mmm...

Brekkie and blobs in the last 24 hours are repeatedly bringing politics into their postings.

I know I broke the rules by hectoring other members for breaking the rules and I was rightly punished. I was warned multiple times and I can not deny that.

I do wonder though how they're not falling foul of the rules. Admittedly, not every one of their posts is about politics but none of them should be about politics.

I think it's a case of people reporting the posts, lots of members agree with their views so the posts won't be reported as much as others. It's impossible to watch every post manually.

Admittedly I thought my posts were starting to get close to the edge so I just said no more on that particular subject of advertisements!

Adsales101 getting a lot of Kudos for his response to me. I assume nobody really cares about the contradictory flaws in his reply! Disagreeing with me is fine, but I can't stand it much when it is blind support just to bolster someone you agree with.
All views are my own
Alan de Robson

allwillbewell wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 13.01

I think it's a case of people reporting the posts, lots of members agree with their views so the posts won't be reported as much as others. It's impossible to watch every post manually.

Admittedly I thought my posts were starting to get close to the edge so I just said no more on that particular subject of advertisements!

Adsales101 getting a lot of Kudos for his response to me. I assume nobody really cares about the contradictory flaws in his reply! Disagreeing with me is fine, but I can't stand it much when it is blind support just to bolster someone you agree with.
Yes - there is a significant number of "groupthink" members on the site led by the likes of Brekkie.

Quite funny seeing his mini-nervous breakdown at the improvement in viewing figures for Andrew Neil and the breakfast show from Tuesday to Wednesday.

But from his very narrow perspective (for example, his writing seems to suggest that he thinks anyone who dislikes the political tactics employed by "woke" people doesn't want an equal society), it must be worrying because, to him, the UK must appear to be turning into the Fourth Reich following Brexit and the GE2019 election result.

Funny thing is that his other contributions (non-political) are really quite interesting - he is obviously very intelligent - and I enjoy 95% of his posts. It's that 5-or-so% which wind non-cabal members like me up but which never quite take him to the point of being banned.
allwillbewell

Alan de Robson wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 13.39
allwillbewell wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 13.01

Yes - there is a significant number of "groupthink" members on the site led by the likes of Brekkie.

Quite funny seeing his mini-nervous breakdown at the improvement in viewing figures for Andrew Neil and the breakfast show from Tuesday to Wednesday.

But from his very narrow perspective (for example, his writing seems to suggest that he thinks anyone who dislikes the political tactics employed by "woke" people doesn't want an equal society), it must be worrying because, to him, the UK must appear to be turning into the Fourth Reich following Brexit and the GE2019 election result.

Funny thing is that his other contributions (non-political) are really quite interesting - he is obviously very intelligent - and I enjoy 95% of his posts. It's that 5-or-so% which wind non-cabal members like me up but which never quite take him to the point of being banned.
He seems to think any discussion at all involving race is racist, and in addition anyone who follows the channel is a racist. He has just accused the channel of provoking racial hatred, a serious accusation to make. He won't be happy until everyone thinks the same and wears the same, has the same interests and obeys the same rules. Sorry won't ever happen. It is better to learn to co-exist, like in the old days. The UK managed it well. Alternative (I mean left/right not extreme) political views and discussion used to be encouraged. Now it is feared.
All views are my own
Alan de Robson

Look at that - political pisstaking just underneath Rob's very pleasant reminder not to discuss politics.

No respect for Rob, no respect for the rules, and no respect for other users.

Mind you, the ones accusing GBN of breaking GDPR are absolutely spot on. I need to apply GDPR to many of the activities I carry out for a living.

But they should be discussing that over here.
Philip

That’s not really political pisstaking is it? But just pointing out the repetitive topics of the channel.
allwillbewell

Philip wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 15.13 That’s not really political pisstaking is it? But just pointing out the repetitive topics of the channel.
Yeah it's not political as such, just rather trying to provoke but I am glad no one has taken the bait. As I have mentioned several times, and it has never been replied to, MSM has been banging on about taking the knee for over a year. There was a new article on Sky News today. GBN does it for a few days it is terrible and wrong. Please.

Freedom day, again it has been nonstop being discussed all over, and as for the pub, so what!

Why can't we just be sensible.
All views are my own
dosxuk

allwillbewell wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 15.19
Philip wrote: Thu 17 Jun, 2021 15.13 That’s not really political pisstaking is it? But just pointing out the repetitive topics of the channel.
Yeah it's not political as such, just rather trying to provoke but I am glad no one has taken the bait.
What do you think Worzel is trying to provoke?