TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

mightynine

rob wrote: Tue 15 Jun, 2021 16.38
mightynine wrote: Tue 15 Jun, 2021 16.29 I think handing out a ban for a post about Woke Watch - which is a segment on the channel, how is that not a post about television presentation - is absurd.
The content of that post was NOT about Woke Watch... it was about a YouGov survey about the word Woke.

Nothing to do with the discussion of the channel.
So a survey about a term being used for one of the channel's signature segments not even registering with much of the potential audience isn't discussion about the channel?

Sorry, going to agree to disagree on that one.
Philip

mightynine wrote: Tue 15 Jun, 2021 16.42
mightynine wrote: Tue 15 Jun, 2021 16.29 I think handing out a ban for a post about Woke Watch - which is a segment on the channel, how is that not a post about television presentation - is absurd.
The content of that post was NOT about Woke Watch... it was about a YouGov survey about the word Woke.

So a survey about a term being used for one of the channel's signature segments not even registering with much of the potential audience isn't discussion about the channel?

That would have been a good point. Unfortunately the post just said “I’m just going to leave this here” which doesn’t give full context and sounds a bit baity.
bilky asko

Philip wrote: Tue 15 Jun, 2021 16.47

That would have been a good point. Unfortunately the post just said “I’m just going to leave this here” which doesn’t give full context and sounds a bit baity.
The tweet also gave that context and made that point.
allwillbewell

bilky asko wrote: Tue 15 Jun, 2021 16.52

which point was that?

To add it is somewhat amusing to see people post about how to run a news channel and what it is and isn't. I assume they have set one up in the past? Clearly there are technical issues to resolve, nobody can deny that, but all in good time. Constantly attacking the channel for it, is starting to seem a little dark and petty.

The channel is brand new, I ask you to cast your mind back to when Sky News moved to a new system in 2015.
All views are my own
wells

allwillbewell wrote: Tue 15 Jun, 2021 16.57

which point was that?
Think the point might have been that they’ve going on about other broadcasters talking about things that are of no interest to real people who aren’t in these Twitter bubbles, but that poll suggests the whole wokeness conversation isn’t either.
allwillbewell

wells wrote: Tue 15 Jun, 2021 17.57
allwillbewell wrote: Tue 15 Jun, 2021 16.57

which point was that?
Think the point might have been that they’ve going on about other broadcasters talking about things that are of no interest to real people who aren’t in these Twitter bubbles, but that poll suggests the whole wokeness conversation isn’t either.
We will soon see when the viewing figures come out after a few weeks. I can't say I know what woke really means but I will watch because the subjects will most likely interest me.
All views are my own
Philip

Yes, but I just think the way the post was worded made it feel like the post was there to provoke, rather than just being part of the conversation. Not saying it warranted a ban, but I think it would have been better to say something like 'this doesn't bode well for Andrew Neil's show' or something like that.
Martin Phillp

Bar posts from the guy who works at BH giving comparisons to how they produce their show, the GB News thread has become largely a chore to read today.

There are still at least two members who still haven't been given temp bans for attempting to derail the thread with borderline political discussions. I honestly think they both need a break, let the channel settle down and then return when the technical issues are resolved.
TVF's London Lite.
GhostFromTVF

Looks like Akinbola’s found the new place.
TIGHazard

Martin Phillp wrote: Tue 15 Jun, 2021 20.34 Bar posts from the guy who works at BH giving comparisons to how they produce their show, the GB News thread has become largely a chore to read today.

There are still at least two members who still haven't been given temp bans for attempting to derail the thread with borderline political discussions. I honestly think they both need a break, let the channel settle down and then return when the technical issues are resolved.
Honestly I think I might check out, at least until Stewart's weekend show.
bilky asko

James Martin from Television Live Forum wrote:And if you challenge them, you get hit with the G word, which I will not use here because it is as bad as the N word or the P word.
I'm surprised that this comment got a mild admonishment from a moderator whereas the post of the tweet got a 2 week ban.