TV Live Forum Watch News and Information Board

all new Phil

Jonwo wrote: Sat 15 May, 2021 22.06 I don't want to come off as insensitive but am I the only one who finds ToasterMan's thread about Playdays a bit weird?
All threads about children’s tv tend to be a bit weird.
Jamesypoo

Feedback for the feedback thread: don't listen to every single bit of opinion from every single person and change things all the time.
WillPS

all new Phil wrote: Sun 16 May, 2021 10.32
Jonwo wrote: Sat 15 May, 2021 22.06 I don't want to come off as insensitive but am I the only one who finds ToasterMan's thread about Playdays a bit weird?
I find the inference here pretty appalling tbh.

There is a fucking gulf between nostalgia over the telly you watched as a child and anything 'weird'.
robschneider

WillPS wrote: Mon 17 May, 2021 18.50
all new Phil wrote: Sun 16 May, 2021 10.32
I find the inference here pretty appalling tbh.

There is a fucking gulf between nostalgia over the telly you watched as a child and anything 'weird'.
Very this. I take interest in the kids TV I grew up with because of my interest in television and they were some of the first programmes I watched.

If a Minipops Apprecation Thread rocks up though, then maybe that will be weird.
bilky asko

Brekkie's annoyed that he's been reported to the admin for breaking the forum rules. Apparently we should get back to the good old days of expressing our exasperation with him so other people can get reported instead of him.
Jonwo

bilky asko wrote: Fri 21 May, 2021 11.39 Brekkie's annoyed that he's been reported to the admin for breaking the forum rules. Apparently we should get back to the good old days of expressing our exasperation with him so other people can get reported instead of him.
I never get why posters get annoyed when they get told off when it’s their own doing.
allwillbewell

bilky asko wrote: Fri 21 May, 2021 11.39 Brekkie's annoyed that he's been reported to the admin for breaking the forum rules. Apparently we should get back to the good old days of expressing our exasperation with him so other people can get reported instead of him.
He got in a state over a post stating I didn't like a tv show. Sometimes he takes things to heart too much.
All views are my own
robschneider

He's now taken to Twitter saying how GB News' use of the Union Jack is playing to racists.

It feels these days any use of the UK flag, or any sort sort of display of patriotism, is called flag shagging but waving the Palestinian flag is fair game. The double standards of the far left just astound me sometimes!
Martin Phillp

I'm having to bite my tongue when it comes to the political elements of the posts today. It's hard to just focus on the presentation, but if I can do it, why can't others?
TVF's London Lite.
allwillbewell

robschneider wrote: Fri 21 May, 2021 17.21 He's now taken to Twitter saying how GB News' use of the Union Jack is playing to racists.

It feels these days any use of the UK flag, or any sort sort of display of patriotism, is called flag shagging but waving the Palestinian flag is fair game. The double standards of the far left just astound me sometimes!
He does also mention how nobody would care about the mental health of a person etc etc on Twitter so it is getting a bit nasty but I won't mention him again, I won't give him attention. He just needs to take a break from forums I think he is too embedded.
All views are my own
robschneider

He is the main reason TVF shut. Asa painted himself into a corner turning a blind eye to his pushy left-wing agenda. Rob has taken a Year Zero policy and therefore isn't close to it so he's rightly being called out on it.

I confidently predict he'll be banned by the end of the year if not sooner.

Also - Martin Anderson - Twitter? Right wing? This is the company who deplatformed the leader of the western world. Right wing is it bollocks.