Poundland's going chilly

bilky asko

Expect scuffed-up chest freezers to start appearing in a Poundland near you - they have bought out Fulton Foods, and will be rolling out more refrigerated items to Poundland stores (apparently this has been trialled in 70 stores up until now).

Reminiscent of the B&M and Heron deal - presumably this will mean things like Twin Peaks frozen cheesecake being introduced.

EDIT: If this is anything to go by, it'll be a lot less shit than a lot of Fulton Foods stores look:

sqwidge1978

Skegness store was supposed to have this rolled out in July but was delayed due to Covid.
WillPS

Interesting. Poundland have been refitting all the stores around here over the last few months, and I think the first I saw with a full freezer section was Huddersfield back in November/December last year. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the legacy Fulton Foods which are typically in very close proximity to a Poundland site. My expectation is they'll do a 99p Stores with it.

I note that Heron are still opening stores as Heron Foods - I thought the plan was to use the B&M Express brand going forward?
bilky asko

WillPS wrote: Tue 13 Oct, 2020 08.20 Interesting. Poundland have been refitting all the stores around here over the last few months, and I think the first I saw with a full freezer section was Huddersfield back in November/December last year. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the legacy Fulton Foods which are typically in very close proximity to a Poundland site. My expectation is they'll do a 99p Stores with it.

I note that Heron are still opening stores as Heron Foods - I thought the plan was to use the B&M Express brand going forward?
I remember it being announced as a trial but nothing much beyond that.
thegeek

It turns out there's a few of these around, but I stumbled across a Poundland Local today:

It seemed to be all of the food lines, a hot cabinet with Poundbakery baked goods, some booze, and a very small selection of non-food lines.
Martin Phillp

They're opening a Poundland Local in my area next month, replacing a Foxtons letting agent.
TVF's London Lite.
Alexia

Really should be called Poundcounty, Pounddistrict or Poundregion