Coronavirus - Strange times

cwathen

Martin Phillp wrote: Fri 27 Mar, 2020 13.03 Sainsbury's introduced all day queuing from Thursday, which is making for a much more pleasurable experience in-store, which as mentioned, the majority of panic buying has ceased with plenty of food in-store, although toilet rolls and canned goods are still low in stock.
Mine seems to be turning the queuing on and off to cope with peaks, I just had to queue to get in but when I left they weren't doing it. The large queues look a lot worse than they are - I had to join a queue which had snaked to the end of one side of the building and almost reached the end of the other side but I waited only 2 or 3 minutes to get in. They're only so long because of the spacing and they move pretty quickly.
bilky asko

all new Phil wrote: Fri 27 Mar, 2020 15.33 My bottle of hand wash is down to about 1cm from the bottom, with none in stock in any supermarkets I’ve been to. So yeah, well done stockpilers, I’m probably going to infect you now.
No bars of soap up your end?
dosxuk

That's a rather personal question Mr Asko!
WillPS

Has anyone had the virus then, or think they have?

I've been out of action most of this week - heavy cold/mild flu symptoms mostly, plus a slightly weird feeling against my lungs. I'm not certain I have a temperature - the only thermometer I have was giving me readings of ~36 when I felt like might have one, but it's now giving me readings of ~30 so I think it's busted (I'm not hyperthermic, I'm pretty sure).

I very much hope that is me done with it.
Philip

I've been sick for the last week but fairly certain it's just a common cold. No persistent cough, no fever.

I honestly don't know how some people like on TVF have the news channels on all the day. I just couldn't do it. I can barely watch a proper bulletin at the moment.
all new Phil

I’ve had a bit of a runny nose over the last few days, which is very unusual for me. I tend not to get many things when they’re going around.

Starting to wonder if it’s been around longer than we think. My dad was taken ill over the new year and, looking back, he had a lot of the symptoms. It particularly affected his lungs and led to him staying in hospital for over a week. My brother had something similar but less severe. We may well see when the tests come in that show whether or not you’ve already had it.
Pete

I'm sneezing but it's allergies / hayfever sneezes. Luckily I made a point of getting the repeat prescription in for the antihistamines before all this happened.

Seeing everyone have to learn the majesty of Microsoft Teams in a week has been an experience
"He has to be larger than bacon"
cwathen

I have a colleague at work who is convinced she had it in December (experts reckon the first week of January is the absolute latest it arrived here, so not completely inconceivable), she doesn't normally get ill with anything but suddenly got a temperature, cough and what felt like a very heavy cold with shortness of breath. Her partner and another colleague she works with got the same.

If mass antibody testing becomes available soon it will be interesting (and useful) to know how widespread it is. Given that about 60% of infections have no symptoms at all many of us could have had it and never known.
Martin Phillp

cwathen wrote: Fri 27 Mar, 2020 16.22
Martin Phillp wrote: Fri 27 Mar, 2020 13.03 Sainsbury's introduced all day queuing from Thursday, which is making for a much more pleasurable experience in-store, which as mentioned, the majority of panic buying has ceased with plenty of food in-store, although toilet rolls and canned goods are still low in stock.
Mine seems to be turning the queuing on and off to cope with peaks, I just had to queue to get in but when I left they weren't doing it. The large queues look a lot worse than they are - I had to join a queue which had snaked to the end of one side of the building and almost reached the end of the other side but I waited only 2 or 3 minutes to get in. They're only so long because of the spacing and they move pretty quickly.
It depends on the time of day. From what I've been informed locally, go before 11am and you're guaranteed a 45 min wait. When I go in the mid-afternoon, it's around 15 mins for a queue that snakes around the car park because of the 2m gap. Apparently if you go after 6pm, it can be less than 5 mins.

Today was the first day I went in there and they had a full range of toilet rolls for the first time in three weeks. They've been largely concentrating on 9/16 packs of own brand/House 247 (the new Sainsbury's budget household brand) or 9 pack of Andrex since the stock shortages.

Staff in store did seem a lot happier today.
TVF's London Lite.
gottago

Pete wrote: Sat 28 Mar, 2020 17.49
Seeing everyone have to learn the majesty of Microsoft Teams in a week has been an experience
I don't mind Teams for the most part. What I do absolutely fucking hate is Citrix which my company uses for shared drive access. Has anyone else had to deal with this? Awful software. Absolutely awful.
all new Phil

gottago wrote: Sat 28 Mar, 2020 19.33
Pete wrote: Sat 28 Mar, 2020 17.49
I don't mind Teams for the most part. What I do absolutely fucking hate is Citrix which my company uses for shared drive access. Has anyone else had to deal with this? Awful software. Absolutely awful.
Fucking Citrix. Horrendous.