Coronavirus - Strange times

Pete

gottago wrote: Sat 28 Mar, 2020 19.33
Pete wrote: Sat 28 Mar, 2020 17.49
Seeing everyone have to learn the majesty of Microsoft Teams in a week has been an experience
I don't mind Teams for the most part. What I do absolutely fucking hate is Citrix which my company uses for shared drive access. Has anyone else had to deal with this? Awful software. Absolutely awful.
I find it's a lot better than it was. When it first launched it wasn't a patch on slack, however now it was giphy integration...

I believe the plan from our lot is to get rid of shared drives where possible and get everything into OneDrive/SharePoint. Box is due to be decommissioned first, then I think they're gunning for the drives. In a lot of ways this is actually doing us a lot of good in showing certain luddites what is possible / why certain things need to go in the bin.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Martin Phillp

Not sure if this is national Sainsbury's policy, but the nearest Sainsbury's standard supermarket to me has introduced a one adult policy and are giving hand sanitiser to every customer on their hands.
TVF's London Lite.
cwathen

Mine is still working the same as yesterday although it's a good idea.

I have heard that Tescos have introduced a signposted route around the store which you must take to avoid congestion as people dart about where they want - not sure if that is everywhere or not.
all new Phil

I went to Waitrose yesterday and it was a straight split of people under 45 doing everything right, being respectful, and waiting their turn to get to where they needed to be, and people over 45 who “don’t see what all the fuss is about” barging about the place and getting in the way everywhere as if everything was normal.
tightrope78

WillPS wrote: Sat 28 Mar, 2020 14.27 Has anyone had the virus then, or think they have?
I’m currently on my second day of not feeling right. Sore-ish head and some aches and pains in my back and neck. No fever or cough though. I do have asthma but this is managed by steroid inhalers. I don’t usually get ill with coughs and flu so I’m a bit unsure.
rob

WillPS wrote: Sat 28 Mar, 2020 14.27 Has anyone had the virus then, or think they have?
I had a really bad migraine a couple of weeks ago, but other than that, I've been pretty good, considering I have asthma. I've been exercising daily, and doing my shopping early in the morning when there's not many people around. My mother was sent home from work last week after showing symptoms, but she's made a full recovery and has got 5 days left of isolation to go.

My local shop (Co-op) has been pretty well hit. Every morning I've been in to get my paper, there's no meat at all. Eggs, bread and milk are limited to 1 per customer (when they actually have them for sale) and everything else is 2 items per customer. The Spar shop up the road from me has been pretty well stocked though. Managed to get milk, butter and cheese there yesterday.

I live in the centre of Overton in Hampshire, and I must admit that I've enjoyed the peace and quiet over the last week.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Pete

One has to admire mouseboy's ability to just interrupt any thread with a random clip of American TV that nobody cares about
"He has to be larger than bacon"
all new Phil

Pete wrote: Tue 31 Mar, 2020 21.08 One has to admire mouseboy's ability to just interrupt any thread with a random clip of American TV that nobody cares about
I was going to post that exact same thing here the other day. I forgot though.
Martin Phillp

WHSmith have gone into partnership with Sainsbury's to stock some of their grocery range to 80 or so hospital shops.

https://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/10197
TVF's London Lite.
Whataday

Quite a stroppy tweet from McDonald's regarding the fake post that's been doing the rounds:

all new Phil

The same morons who were queuing round the block at my nearest one the night before they closed will still no doubt turn up on Monday morning expecting it to be open.