Cashzone ATMs

scottishtv

Maybe this is purely a local/regional expansion or something, but I've noticed these green Cashzone ATMs popping up in a lot of places on my occasional travels around Scotland. Is this the same elsewhere? I can't recall seeing this this brand at all until about six months ago.

The ATMs I've noticed are proper external ones, full-size facing into the street as opposed to those skinny things you sometimes see inside corner shops and the like. They're also appearing in slightly unexpected places, examples near me include a vaping shop, a T-shirt printing place, and a small Chinese takeaway. In all cases there's also a more established brand (Bank of Scotland, TSB, Clydesdale Bank, Sainsbury's Bank) ATM - or multiple options - just a few doors away, which I've always gone to instead.

However last weekend, I used a Co-op ATM and see they are provided by Cashzone.

What's going on? Has this been another company that's re-branded or something? I can't find anything particularly helpful online. Also, we've had so many news stories lately about ATM networks shrinking and to expect fewer around, but this seems a bit at odds with that. Does the retailer get paid to have a machine or something?
JAS84

Co-Op ATMs have been Cashzone for at least three years:
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/fo ... tm.120124/
rob

This was the one outside my local shop yesterday morning.

Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
gottago

There’s quite a lot around London, I think in quite a few train stations. I always remember them for the Rachel Stephens lookalike during the “please wait” screens who looks very happy to be holding a wad of cash.
Martin Phillp

Cashzone are contracted to provide ATM's for London Overground railway stations. As mentioned, there are plenty of them in London, including the Co-Op and small independent local shops. Depending on the contract, these can either be free or with a small fee to the customer.
TVF's London Lite.
bilky asko

Round here, I've noticed a lot of the old bank branded ATMs being replaced/rebranded as Note Machine ATMs.

As a result, my nearest Morrisons has two Note Machine ATMs, and a recently replaced Barclays touchscreen ATM sits in between, loaded with Lloyds Bank receipt paper from the machine that used to be next to it.

I've only seen a few CashZone ATMs, all of which have been built into kiosks.
WillPS

Note Machine's UX is appalling. You'd think these things would be easy to get right by now.
thegeek

BankMachine have a few of these in East London
bilky asko

WillPS wrote: Fri 12 Jan, 2018 10.14 Note Machine's UX is appalling. You'd think these things would be easy to get right by now.
One machine I used has some odd diagnostic / error message overlay for about a month, obscuring a quarter of the screen.

Also, the withdrawal limit is £250 on them.
WillPS

bilky asko wrote: Fri 12 Jan, 2018 13.52
WillPS wrote: Fri 12 Jan, 2018 10.14 Note Machine's UX is appalling. You'd think these things would be easy to get right by now.
One machine I used has some odd diagnostic / error message overlay for about a month, obscuring a quarter of the screen.

Also, the withdrawal limit is £250 on them.
Show off!
Nick Harvey
God

bilky asko wrote:Also, the withdrawal limit is £250 on them.
That's a daily limit, I trust.