Login problems of late

Pete

Morning all.

So it turns out there have been rather severe problems with the login system on here. If you've had problems logging in, have a gander at the below and then do try again.

What broke?
The recaptcha plugin was incorrectly set up (by me 😞) which meant if you were asked to use a capthca it would never correctly solve. This meant anyone who got their password wrong three times, or tried to reset their password, was permanently logged out.

Is it fixed?
Yes. The settings are now correct, and I've manually reset everyone's login attempts to 0 to prevent the captcha from appearing. I've also increased the failed login attempts to 5.

Please check your email address
I emailed everyone with a login attempt higher than 0 to let them know, and then got a 30% rate of bounceback emails. Please can everyone double check their email address in their user profile is up to date and valid. We never email anyone about anything, but it's needed for password resets and the like.

If you are still locked out
Please email me on [email protected] and I'll try to fix things.

Apologies for the delay in fixing things, I'm not sure when this occurred but it very well may have been a problem since February. Nobody let me know so I didn't realise there was a problem. Always feel free to contact me, either by email, or on TVF's PM system, if you're having issues with Metropol.

Pete
"He has to be larger than bacon"
bilky asko

It would explain the lack of registrations since early January. I wonder if it was about the time you updated to phpBB 3.2 in January?
Pete

bilky asko wrote: Sun 22 Oct, 2017 16.58I wonder if it was about the time you updated to phpBB 3.2 in January?
It's very possible. The problem was in how I'd set up the recaptcha feature, and I did that just after we upgraded. How embarrassing.
"He has to be larger than bacon"