Pride

all new Phil

Surely I'm not the only one fed up of seeing companies adding rainbow stripes to their logos right now.

And since when was "Pride Month" a thing?

Is Pride just becoming some sort of commercial holiday? I don't get it.
bilky asko

Presumably it's in the same vein as Black History Month in the US.
woah

I think it's because it's become more fashionable to show your support for it on Twitter, Facebook etc. for whatever reason - businesses are just jumping on the bandwagon to improve their brand image with that demographic.

Nonetheless, I think there are worse things to show support for and it's nice to see it being acknowledged and accepted more widely than before - there are still plenty of people that have some peculiar issues with the existence of anyone that isn't straight.
Alexia

Showing support for : great.
Exploiting for commercial benefit : less so. Nando's were handing out little flags with their barcelos cockeral motif on them picked out in the rainbow flag colours. Anyone carrying that is just carrying an advert, really.
bilky asko

Alexia wrote: Sun 09 Jul, 2017 15.26 Showing support for : great.
Exploiting for commercial benefit : less so. Nando's were handing out little flags with their barcelos cockeral motif on them picked out in the rainbow flag colours. Anyone carrying that is just carrying an advert, really.
Joe Lycett pointed something similar out with Tom Daley's #ad featuring Pride and the Barclays logo, by commenting with hashtags of competing banks.
scottishtv

I don't mind the publicity Pride is getting. In terms of the companies seeking to associate themselves with it - I do find some of it a bit patronising, and really rather blatent. It is my minimum expectation of any business that they would seek to treat their customers fairly and equally.