The Very Official McDonalds (and other fast food outlets) Thread

Martin Phillp

Salads and wraps are also made as to order. (except the pre-prepared garden salad).
TVF's London Lite.
Alexia

While grabbing a wrap the other arvo before going to the soccer match, I a) ended up with tomato in my wrap, which is odd because the wrap doesn't come with tomato, and I hate tomato..... also b) I was magical order number 000, which given it was 2:45pm, either indicates they don't reset their counters overnight OR they had served 999 other people before me that day.

Having just said that, the establishment may in fact be a 24 hour jobbie, so.

The Argos-style procedure does have one major benefit that I can see. If you are desperate for the loo having consumed your body weight in Guinness before going to the match, you can legally and ethically use the McD's toilets having made a purchase as there is just enough time between collecting your ticket and collecting your food to visit the facilities with a clear conscience.
Alexia

Two hours of Aston Villa playing "football" and a cup of Bovril helped sober me up.
bilky asko

The numbers loop back round after 99 (ot perhaps 100), I believe.
Martin Phillp

Of all the Central London McDonalds I'd expect to have the touchscreen order points, The Strand restaurant is still counter only.

The best thing about the touchscreen terminals in those very busy London ones is that it's no longer chaotic queuing up just to get a coffee and seems a lot faster than the old system waiting for food.
TVF's London Lite.
Pete

a tensabarrier wouldn't go amiss in some of the busier locations.

On a related note, I got a rather lovely keyfob from McDonalds for a cheap McMuffin + Coffee / McChicken Sandwich + chips. You walk up to the machine, press the voucher button and scan, and your meal is all ready on the screen to be customised. A very nice operation.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
WillPS

MarkAshley wrote: Thu 14 Sep, 2017 18.43
Martin Phillp wrote: Thu 14 Sep, 2017 16.57 Of all the Central London McDonalds I'd expect to have the touchscreen order points, The Strand restaurant is still counter only.

The best thing about the touchscreen terminals in those very busy London ones is that it's no longer chaotic queuing up just to get a coffee and seems a lot faster than the old system waiting for food.
But God help anybody who wants to use that bendy polymer stuff to pay for something from a human being (as I did trying to buy a coffee this morning in the Chelsea King's Road branch, with a picture of Winston Churchill in my hand). About 20 people milling around holding receipts waiting for their number to be called. Me milling around by the tills waiting to be acknowledged by any of the McStaff. "Why is that man standing near the tills?" "What does he think is going to happen? We're all serving drinks/McMuffins/McCrap" "What is this blue thing he's holding out in front of him" is what they seemed to be McThinking.
Always strikes me of being a strange choice of tender. The sooner places stop taking it the better.
bilky asko

MarkAshley wrote: Thu 14 Sep, 2017 20.40 How am I supposed to get a McDonald's without my wife knowing if I have to pay by Contactless??
Prepaid Visa card?

On a serious note, I much prefer paying in cash too.
Alexia

MarkAshley wrote: Thu 14 Sep, 2017 20.40 How am I supposed to get a McDonald's without my wife knowing if I have to pay by Contactless??
Don't have a joint account for fripperies?
james2001

I blame the EU.
JAS84

MarkAshley wrote: Thu 14 Sep, 2017 16.53 I don't recall seeing the first (of the three) digits reading anything other than "0".
Yeah, it's 000 through to 099, then back to 000.