The Very Official McDonalds (and other fast food outlets) Thread

WillPS

Perhaps they could make Pritt Sticks one of the instant wins in future years.
bilky asko

Andrew wrote: Sun 01 Apr, 2018 23.36
JAS84 wrote: Fri 30 Mar, 2018 13.48 The Monopoly promotion started again last week. But I've seen a lot of complaints about it on Facebook - the tokens aren't stickers any more and there's no game board. Why did they change that? :?
Surely the whole point of it being Monopoly is that there is a game board to stick them on.

Otherwise whats the point of naming the stickers Regent Street, Park Lane etc, they are losing the connection to the actual Monopoly game
Think of it like a game of Monopoly Deal.
Alexia

Incidentally this week's Mike Jeavons Week On.... is McDonalds.

Episode 1 here
james2001

Just been to Toby Carvery today, and it looks like they're keeping regular Pepsi in the refills machine. 20p extra, and it's mentioned in the menu the extra cost is due to the sugar tax- so it looks like that's their policy. Clearly the fact it's self-serve where you can't properly regulate who's getting regular and diet isn't stopping them.
WillPS

james2001 wrote: Tue 03 Apr, 2018 14.22 Just been to Toby Carvery today, and it looks like they're keeping regular Pepsi in the refills machine. 20p extra, and it's mentioned in the menu the extra cost is due to the sugar tax- so it looks like that's their policy. Clearly the fact it's self-serve where you can't properly regulate who's getting regular and diet isn't stopping them.
Nando's are doing the same for the time being. Given that it's a taxation issue I reckon it's fair to expect HMRC will take an interest in how restaurants police self-fill machines.
Pear

WillPS wrote: Wed 04 Apr, 2018 20.24
james2001 wrote: Tue 03 Apr, 2018 14.22 Just been to Toby Carvery today, and it looks like they're keeping regular Pepsi in the refills machine. 20p extra, and it's mentioned in the menu the extra cost is due to the sugar tax- so it looks like that's their policy. Clearly the fact it's self-serve where you can't properly regulate who's getting regular and diet isn't stopping them.
Nando's are doing the same for the time being. Given that it's a taxation issue I reckon it's fair to expect HMRC will take an interest in how restaurants police self-fill machines.
But isn’t the tax levied on the manufacturers based on how much they produce rather than directly paid by the consumer, so whether or not customers press the right button surely has little effect on the taxation HMRC receive.
WillPS

Pear wrote: Wed 04 Apr, 2018 21.43
But isn’t the tax levied on the manufacturers based on how much they produce rather than directly paid by the consumer, so whether or not customers press the right button surely has little effect on the taxation HMRC receive.
If so - I guess it becomes a choice of how much it affects their bottom line. Although given the mark up on post mix, the answer is probably 'not much'.
Alexia

Could see one token sugary drink left on almost as a loss leader. It could keep children and james2001 happy. I'm in all liklihood Nando's bound tomorrow so I'll see what the lie of the land is in the 'Diff.
Whataday

Pear wrote: Wed 04 Apr, 2018 21.43

Yes it's an industry levy which applies to producers and importers of soft drinks containing added sugar and a total sugar content of more than 5g per 100ml.

Drinks that contain 5-8g of sugar per 100ml are taxed 18p per litre, while drinks containing 8g+ per 100ml are taxed 24p per litre. It doesn't apply to naturally occurring sugars in fruit juice, so RIbena, Fanta, Tango, Dr Pepper and Lucozade are exempt or under the levy.
Alexia

Whataday wrote: Thu 05 Apr, 2018 15.21 Drinks that contain 5-8g of sugar per 100ml are taxed 18p per litre, while drinks containing 8g+ per 100ml are taxed 24p per litre. It doesn't apply to naturally occurring sugars in fruit juice, so RIbena, Fanta, Tango, Dr Pepper and Lucozade are exempt or under the levy.

Lucozade is now because it has reformulated.
james2001

Alexia wrote: Thu 05 Apr, 2018 14.09 Could see one token sugary drink left on almost as a loss leader. It could keep children and james2001 happy.
You're comparing me to a child? How mature.